2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I think he ends up in either Carolina or Detroit.

Lions are paying Goff 30 million and can't really get out of that.

Panthers would be paying nearly 40 million (if we didn't pay some of Baker's salary) for a QB competition.

Detroit I think is a solid no. Panthers could do it but I don't think it makes a lot of sense. They get a better draft pick starting Darnold and they seem more set up to have that mindset than trying to make a deep playoff run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Lions are paying Goff 30 million and can't really get out of that.

Panthers would be paying nearly 40 million (if we didn't pay some of Baker's salary) for a QB competition.

Detroit I think is a solid no. Panthers could do it but I don't think it makes a lot of sense. They get a better draft pick starting Darnold and they seem more set up to have that mindset than trying to make a deep playoff run.

Solid points. I think both seem unlikely, but I can't see him not getting traded. Somebody will take a shot on the talent.

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dunno, Oklahoma was top 5 each of his three years, He won a Heisman and finished 3rd and 4th his other two years... 119 passing TDs and 21 interceptions. Ran for 18 more TDs. Not bad for a walk on.

And never won a ring. Is OK's history bereft of championship achievement?