What’s the best/worst case scenario for your team this season?

CP3MVP

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Best Case - Fitzmagic: 11-6, win division, get to NFCCG

Mid Case - Fitztragic: 5-12, 3rd in division, high draft pick for QBOTF

Worst Case - Purgatory: 8-9, low draft pick and another cheap vet at QB next year

This is a good way to look at it. I'd only add, I don't think our best case is the NFCCG... we'd be lucky to win one playoff game still. 

• Like 1

Best Case : 13-4

Seattle's defense plays like the top 10 unit it was in the last 8 games of the season. Spoon + Reed + Tre Brown solidify the boundary corners, and the defensive line gels into a unit that gets after opposing QBs. Russ + Waldren mesh really well, and avoids the second-half of the season doldrums on offense, and plays like a top 5 unit all year. 

Worst Case : 5-12 (Russ gets injured)

Worst Case : 8-9 (Russ doesn't get injured)

Defense plays like it did at the start of 2020. Bobby and Jamal spend 2021 banged up. Boundary CB's become a revolving door, defensiveline doesn't gel. Russ and Waldren don't click, and Seattle's offense is stagnant and predictable. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This is a good way to look at it. I'd only add, I don't think our best case is the NFCCG... we'd be lucky to win one playoff game still. 

I'm looking at it like... plenty of average / below average QBs have gotten hot at the right time to make it deep into the playoffs and/or win the SB (Flacco, Foles, Eli, etc.)  

It only takes a 4-game hot streak.  One good thing about Fitzpatrick is that he's not consistently average (or below average depending on how you see him); he's streaky.  He can get hot for a few games and look like a legit franchise QB, then he can turn around and have a couple of games with 4 interceptions each.  He's almost like the anti-Alex Smith in that regard. 

I think the rest of the roster is good enough to make it deep into the playoffs with above average QB play, especially considering the competition in the NFC.

I'm definitely not expecting it, but if Fitzpatrick gets hot in December/January, anything can happen.

Best-case: Pats reach the Divisional round while riding Cam the whole way, and position themselves to tag-and-trade him

Worst-case: Cam continues to spiral; Mac Jones is tapped to start early in the season, but shows that he's not gonna be the guy early on, but the defense and running game still carries the team to a 7-10/8-9/9-8 record, and thus no shot at getting an elite QB prospect next year.

Best case: Trevor comes in hot out of the gate and is the runaway ROTY candidate; the run game gets nicknamed thunder and lightning, and we steal a division title if some injuries hit the Colts and Titans. Maybe even bounce a bad wild card team before getting smacked around in the divisional round.

Worst case: Trevor goes on the IR. That’s all. Doesn’t matter the record, nothing else matters, if he’s hurt, that’s the worst case. 

• Like 1

Short of massive injuries, which could derail any team, I’d say about the worst for the Titans is 6-10. Rest of the division is better (minus the Texans) and even though Henry is superhuman, he could regress after two straight seasons of 400+ touches.

Best case is that the DBs (Farley, Fulton, and Jenkins at CB, and Byard and Hooker at S) all play up to their hype to fix the defense, AJ Brown continues to improve, and Henry doesn’t miss a step. That happens they could be a 14 win team.

Best Case:

Brooks and Johnson return to pro bowl form and the young skill position guys can play.

• Their actual NFL corners play 16 so UPS drivers don't need to cover Cowboy WRs.

Division win and a shot at a playoff win (no realistic shot past that)

Other Best Case:

Indy plays Wentz 76+%, still misses the playoffs, and Philly has 3 round 1 picks going into the draft

• Dolphins (injuries, regressions, and turnovers bad luck combo) and Eagles (many possible reasons) tank
    • They are picking at 2, 7, and 12 in round 1

Worst case:

The Eagles go 9-8, Miami makes the AFCCG against Indy (Miami wins), and Wentz is hurt at 72% play time.

• They pick 15, 31, and in late in round 2
Edited by SkippyX