If the 1996-2000 Broncos fivepeated, would that have brightened Mike Shanahan's legacy?

Championshiporbust

I mean I think it's fairly obvious that if someone did something that hasn't been done or really even came close to doing in modern NFL history it would have a pretty positive impact on their perception from fans and the media. 

But, why even wonder/ask this? It's not like it's a hypothetical where it was close to being done and they won like 3 or 4 in a row and got close in another 1 or 2. We're basically asking if any coach/team that won a super bowl or 2 in a 5 or 6 year stretch was able to win all the other super bowls in that stretch if it would have a positive impact on how the HC is viewed.

But I fell straight into the trap of giving a serious answer to a threat that wasn't created with that in mind IMO. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The 99 Rams and 2000 Ravens were destiny type Super Bowl wins - I don't think Elway was going to stop them.

You mean no team in the history of the NFL could stop them? Or the returning 39 year old led 1999 Broncos with a injured Davis?