Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Packer fans are allowed to want better than an overpaid poor leader QB draining salary cap while going 8-8 in the playoffs since 2011.

Some fans would kill to have had their team play in 16 playoff games in the last decade. Entitled definitely applies here. 

Edited by malak1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s a huge difference between saying he needs to play better and saying we need to get rid of him. 

You are not being objective. You know d*** well it’s not fair criticism when people are judging every throw, or getting upset about every social media post he makes. 

When GB has average or worse QB play, the forum will be unbearable . 

I'm literally one of a handful of people who are being objective. Anyone who suggests fans who criticize Rodgers are "entitled" are the ones who truly lack objectivity.

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Some fans would kill to have had their team play in 16 playoff game in the last decade. Entitled definitely applies here. 

So literally anyone who has had some semblance of success but is continuously looking at how to improve is entitled?

Weird working definition of entitled.

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This is how big a loser Aaron Rodgers really is:

• Jordan and the Bulls were going for their 6th ring.
  • Is Rodgers going for his 6th NFCCG loss? What a pathetic joke.

If you need more nuggets explaining the mindlessness of the reference.

• Krause was GM from year 2 of the Jordan Era. Gutekunst is going into year 4 as GM.
  • Krause was an absolute abrasive scumbag as a person to the Bulls players and Phil Jackson; whining about not getting enough GM glory
    • In this case Rodgers is the aggressive Jerry Krause jerk, not Gute.
  • Pippen was absolutely robbed by his own shortsightedness on his deal and he had actual hatred for the Bulls FO.
    • Rodgers and Adams are well paid and both playing out huge contracts.
  • Phil wanted to leave and Krause wanted him gone.
    • The NFL, Packers fans, Packers President, basically everyone who is not Rodgers or licking Rodgers likes Gute and LaFluer
      • both will most likely be there long term
  • I think Rodgers wants to be GM and wanted them to keep the 150th best WR who is also his buddy?
    • Only comparison is to Rodman who was also clearly demented

So if you think The Last Dance is an appropriate analogy its because you don't understand analogies.

You are way overanalyzing something as simple as "I don't like management and this is our last season together."

With The Last Dance being so popular, it was the easiest picture to use. Everything else you posted was unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm literally one of a handful of people who are being objective. Anyone who suggests fans who criticize Rodgers are "entitled" are the ones who truly lack objectivity.

If you want to stay in your bubble go ahead. I bet there’s a significant percentage of non-Packer fans think Packer fans as a whole are entitled. That percentage would go up substantially if they seen more of the crap that’s posted in our forum. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So literally anyone who has had some semblance of success but is continuously looking at how to improve is entitled?

Weird working definition of entitled.

Well, no. But It’s not you or SkippyX who has had the success, it’s Aaron. I’m sure he’s always looking to improve.

What I’m saying is that it’s entitled to think you’re owed anything LIKE the type of success that the packers have enjoyed, mostly due to Aaron Rodgers. 

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If you want to stay in your bubble go ahead. I bet there’s a significant percentage of non-Packer fans think Packer fans as a whole are entitled. That percentage would go up substantially if they seen more of the crap that’s posted in our forum. 

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Both of you and anyone else involved in this - please stop discussing fan-basses and other users and talk about football. It's okay to disagree but please be respectful towards other posters.

Thank you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You are way overanalyzing something as simple as "I don't like management and this is our last season together."

With The Last Dance being so popular, it was the easiest picture to use. Everything else you posted was unnecessary.

You are too simplistic in your approach to this.

The Bills in 1993 were just like the 1979 Steelers is pretty much the same level of a stupid analogy.

Also, the bad guy in this is clearly Rodgers. Its not even close.

Rodgers is nothing like Jordan and Adams is nothing like Pippen.

He thinks he should be the GM. That is stupid.

You are still free to not understand analogies.

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Well, no. But It’s not you or SkippyX who has had the success, it’s Aaron. I’m sure he’s always looking to improve.

What I’m saying is that it’s entitled to think you’re owed anything LIKE the type of success that the packers have enjoyed, mostly due to Aaron Rodgers. 

🤡 If you are not sure who the loser is in a thread, its the guy telling other posters that the football player is better than them. 🤡

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

🤡 If you are not sure who the loser is in a thread, its the guy telling other posters that the football player is better than them. 🤡

I’m obviously talking about with regard to the topic at hand, not in your life personally (I don’t even know you). I shouldn’t have expected you to understand that. 

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Both of you and anyone else involved in this - please stop discussing fan-basses and other users and talk about football. It's okay to disagree but please be respectful towards other posters.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@SkippyX

You either don't think the rules apply to you, or you can't read a very cordial request from TKN to not talk about posters.

Nonetheless, it's earning you a WARNING.

- ET

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You are too simplistic in your approach to this.

The Bills in 1993 were just like the 1979 Steelers is pretty much the same level of a stupid analogy.

Also, the bad guy in this is clearly Rodgers. Its not even close.

Rodgers is nothing like Jordan and Adams is nothing like Pippen.

He thinks he should be the GM. That is stupid.

You are, once again, overanalyzing this. I don't disagree with what you said.

Like I said, their point was as simple as "I don't like management and this is our last season together." Without outright stating that and using a picture to convey that feeling, they used a picture of MJ and Pippen because they are famous teammates and their issues with the Bulls front office are now much more well known after "The Last Dance."

It has nothing to do with any of that other stuff you keep bringing up, and for some reason keep acting like you're smarter than everyone when you are the one who isn't getting their very simple point.

A picture to say "I don't like management and this is our last season together"...it's pretty obvious why they picked the one they did. 

15 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Nobody here thinks they are "owed" anything. That's another strawman.

It's a pretty dumb argument to try and tell fans they can't criticize a player because the team they play for (and that the fan cheers for) has had some level of success lately.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a pretty dumb argument to try and tell fans they can't criticize a player because the team they play for (and that the fan cheers for) has had some level of success lately.

That’s a strawman, because I never made that argument. Criticize him all you want, I couldn’t care less.