Packers close to agreement with Aaron Rodgers for 2021 season (Aaron Rodgers thread v3)

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would guess it’s more of a reference to having a GM they both hate, who they view as dismantling a good thing. 

This. They aren't saying they're as successful as the 90s Bulls, just that they hate the GM and this year is their last season together. Or maybe last year, who knows right now.

30 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:
2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would guess it’s more of a reference to having a GM they both hate, who they view as dismantling a good thing. 

This. They aren't saying they're as successful as the 90s Bulls, just that they hate the GM and this year is their last season together. Or maybe last year, who knows right now.

Well then they are dumber than even we realize. The GM has brought in all the talent that turned this into a back-to-back NFCCG team again and has mortgaged future caps to retain the same team.

Rodgers and Adams are absolutely clueless if they think Gute is "ruining" a good thing. He literally built the good thing ha.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

Well then they are dumber than even we realize. The GM has brought in all the talent that turned this into a back-to-back NFCCG team again and has mortgaged future caps to retain the same team.

Rodgers and Adams are absolutely clueless if they think Gute is "ruining" a good thing. He literally built the good thing ha.

LOL

…and Krause built arguably the greatest dynasty in the history of pro sports in an 8 year period of time, winning 6 titles.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

…and Krause built arguably the greatest dynasty in the history of pro sports in an 8 year period of time, winning 6 titles.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes?

What's your point?

People who don’t get it don’t get that they don’t get it.

Just now, MWil23 said:

People who don’t get it don’t get that they don’t get it.

I'm not even going to argue whether it's actually the case for the Packers, but making/building a great roster and later destroying it are not mutually exclusive concepts. It's not unheard of in sports or civilization itself. Someone/a group of people can be responsible for building an empire and later be the very same ones that ensure that empire crumbles. 

In relation to the Packers, you can't even call it a dynasty or an empire, just successful, and there are plenty of GMs that build successful teams for a handful of years that went on to lose their touch (or whatever you want to call it) and play a substantial role in that success coming to an end. 

Again not saying I actually buy that for the Packers specifically, but as a general idea I don't subscribe to the idea that just because a guy brought in a lot of talent and won a lot of games at one point can't then destroy it. Especially in a situation where we aren't talking necessarily about being able to continue to add talent but alienating your most important players. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I'm not even going to argue whether it's actually the case for the Packers, but making/building a great roster and later destroying it are not mutually exclusive concepts. It's not unheard of in sports or civilization itself. Someone/a group of people can be responsible for building an empire and later be the very same ones that ensure that empire crumbles. 

In relation to the Packers, you can't even call it a dynasty or an empire, just successful, and there are plenty of GMs that build successful teams for a handful of years that went on to lose their touch (or whatever you want to call it) and play a substantial role in that success coming to an end. 

Again not saying I actually buy that for the Packers specifically, but as a general idea I don't subscribe to the idea that just because a guy brought in a lot of talent and won a lot of games at one point can't then destroy it. Especially in a situation where we aren't talking necessarily about being able to continue to add talent but alienating your most important players. 

This. It's weird that people think dynasties should continue forever or someone is to "blame". Like Krause is the scapegoat in Chicago for those who don't know all the actual details/reasons. 

Krause had a huge ego and had a share of responsibility, but, more than anything, time itself was the reason (vs an individual's decisions).

Same in GB. Rodgers was an outsized role at the table because he's been a really really really good QB. Time has changed the calculus. We have a young, hungry GM and coach and an old QB who wants his voice heard as loudly as their's in team decisions. And I resent Rodgers for that. He is shooting himself in the foot because he wants to be more than a QB and doesn't want to wait until he's done being a QB to get it.

17 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

If Rodgers retires...this has to completely destroy the current Packers franchise....right?

Possibly. Rodgers isn’t known as the most popular guy among teammate. He has “his guys” but can be tough for some guys to really get close with him. The one it drives away is Adams for sure. The rest of the major guys on the team are already signed long term. 

It doesnt destroy anything, good things come to an end, i trust the front office to continue to put out good teams every year. 
Rodgers has had his chances and he has left a lot on the table in 2 nfc championships. (the other one was a beating)
The media was skeptical on everything from the lafleur hire and the front office has been proven right, lets see what they can do.

• Like 1