WHO WINS?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WINS?

• Brownies
    • Urbans Team
    • Horny

38 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

fwiw the number on tagging Teller will be like 18 million

The league STILL hasn't created franchise categories for the O-linemen. So any OL that gets franchised gets the same designation, whether they're a tackle, guard, or center.

Needs to be changed. Needed to be changed 10 years ago tbh.

Edited by ReggieCamp
DP8017 beat me to it.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he was here and played in all 16 last year iirc.

He did but the roster is going to be super tight this year, so he be one of those casualties. We’re gonna actually see some good guys cut from the team, instead of keeping crap guys cause we need to fill out the roster. So hard to get use to this

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

He did but the roster is going to be super tight this year, so he be one of those casualties. We’re gonna actually see some good guys cut from the team, instead of keeping crap guys cause we need to fill out the roster. So hard to get use to this

It’s the same guys offensively…

No new faces at TE

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s the same guys offensively…

No new faces at TE

Well gotta create a space for Felton. Is he going to be a RB, are we going to carry 4 RBs. Are we going to cut a WR that we like, we have OBJ Jarvis Higgins DPJ Schwartz Hodge, we cutting Hodge to carry Felton? Are we carrying 7WRs? Do we cut Jano? I think we really need a FB like him IMO. 

Tbh, I know this is unpopular, but I’d let Teller walk and get a third round comp pick for him. He plays a very replaceable position from an analytics standpoint and the difference between him and a replacement level RG or slightly better likely won’t net more wins. Lots of guys to pay yet, and if he won’t take a discount then I’m not holding my breath here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tbh, I know this is unpopular, but I’d let Teller walk and get a third round comp pick for him. He plays a very replaceable position from an analytics standpoint and the difference between him and a replacement level RG or slightly better likely won’t net more wins. Lots of guys to pay yet, and if he won’t take a discount then I’m not holding my breath here.

Thats exactly where Im at with him. While I would love to keep him, his position puts him very low on the totem pole.

17 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And he hasn't shown that he can stay on the field.

Thats fair, and at the same time this next offseason/draft is going to be freaking huge for us. We need 1 more really good draft of guys to step in and learn and be the guys of the future so we dont skip a beat when all of these guys like Teller, Clowney, OBJ, Landry, Njoku, Bitonio ect leave the team.

I know losing talent is inevitable and this season all the chips are in the middle--but I just hope to position ourselves like other great franchises and have the young bucks already waiting to step in and take over.

After this year when we lose a lot of talent and pay guys like Ward/Baker---we are going to need to rely a ton on guys with rookie contracts to contribute. 

Guys like Bryant, JOK, Delpit, DPJ, Felton, Togiai, Wilson, Lecounte, Newsome are going to need to be ready to take over.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Wouldn't we rather sign Teller than extend Bitonio/Tretter in a season or two at 70% if per season of what Teller will get now? If he's reasonable in his asking, I at least consider it.

I think I'd rather let Teller get a big deal next season elsewhere if that's what he'll get.  Then you get one more season of Bitonio and Tretter in 2022 to evaluate how big of contracts we will need to dish out to keep them on the back end of their careers.  It seems like the safer route.

Every guard we plugged in last year performed well enough, even if Teller's freakish physicality added to our run game.  I'm less confident in replacing our starting center with Nick Harris/whoever.  Also I feel like even if Bitonio's age starts to show, the guy has almost always been healthy and is another coach on the field.

• Like 1