2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

5 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Hmmm so would Jurgens slide in at RG next season if Mack comes back?

I don't think Jurgens will be ready to start in the NFL until he adds quite a bit of strength. I love his upside and athleticism, but I'd be worried if he was starting week 1.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I don't think Jurgens will be ready to start in the NFL until he adds quite a bit of strength. I love his upside and athleticism, but I'd be worried if he was starting week 1.

Well honestly, I should be worried, because he may be better than what we currently have

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Well honestly, I should be worried, because he may be better than what we currently have

I honestly don't think he's better than Banks, Brunskill, McKivitz, Moore, or Brendel right now. Skule might be better too. Not crapping on Jurgens though. I think he is worthy of a late third rounder and could take over for Mack after this season if he chooses to retire. 

Just now, Geek said:

I figured it would be Ebiketie. He's exactly what we need on edge.

Right now we have 11 defensive linemen, I think. Honestly, I'm going to be a little surprised if go edge early

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Right now we have 11 defensive linemen, I think. Honestly, I'm going to be a little surprised if go edge early

And we’re currently starting a post-Achilles Tarvarius Moore at SS. I wouldn’t have minded the decision much pre-injury, especially with the corner reinforcement. I’m pretty darn hesitant to count on him for more than 3rd safety snaps post injury.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Yea, I had been predicting edge early all off-season. But with the signing of Hyder and Ebukam still on the roater, more than likely edge is probably a Day 3, BPA type of deal. Just don't see where the snaps would be available for a 2nd rounder. Even if the plan is to used Hyder mainly as a nickel DT, between Bosa, Willis, Ebukam, Omenihu, and Hyder on occasion, where is this rookie supposed to slot in?? Looking more and more like safety & interior O-Line will be pressing needs come draft time.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, I had been predicting edge early all off-season. But with the signing of Hyder and Ebukam still on the roater, more than likely edge is probably a Day 3, BPA type of deal. Just don't see where the snaps would be available for a 2nd rounder. Even if the plan is to used Hyder mainly as a nickel DT, between Bosa, Willis, Ebukam, Omenihu, and Hyder on occasion, where is this rookie supposed to slot in?? Looking more and more like safety & interior O-Line will be pressing needs come draft time.

😟  Don't shatter my dreams! 😖

Sigh. Can't get excited about a S when we are missing a true speed rusher...  Anyone think they're betting on Dee playing this season? Given up on that dude, I have. 

40 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

😟  Don't shatter my dreams! 😖

Sigh. Can't get excited about a S when we are missing a true speed rusher...  Anyone think they're betting on Dee playing this season? Given up on that dude, I have. 

It'd be different if they had cut Ebukam, then I could see the need. But with him looking more likely to stick around for 2022, it just seems like we'd be allocating a very high pick to a player who'll essential redshirt his rookie year. 

Long view perspective, I think all our edge rushers will be FAs after next year, sans Bosa and maybe Ebukam I think so the position could still be in play. But if we're looking at our biggest holes/needs on the roster heading into the draft, safety and O-Line are clearly at the top. 

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It'd be different if they had cut Ebukam, then I could see the need. But with him looking more likely to stick around for 2022, it just seems like we'd be allocating a very high pick to a player who'll essential redshirt his rookie year. 

Long view perspective, I think all our edge rushers will be FAs after next year, sans Bosa and maybe Ebukam I think so the position could still be in play. But if we're looking at our biggest holes/needs on the roster heading into the draft, safety and O-Line are clearly at the top. 

I can get behind OL being a very big need...however, if we can get Tart back on a decent deal sometime in the near future, I am not convinced S is as big a need. 

Is Bosa the only EDGE/DE our current regime has drafted? I cannot recall any others...

I do like Omenihu and Hyder, but they are not speed rushers. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I was just coming in to say the same thing. We have 13 DL on the roster right now with about 8-9 of them locks or close to a lock to make the 53. I would think we end up keeping 10 DL. This doesn't mean we can't draft an EDGE, but it certainly means it's not a "must" anymore.

I'd like to think Lynch was at Penn St. to get a feel for Brisker because he would a pretty good fit for the 49ers.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

it just seems like we'd be allocating a very high pick to a player who'll essential redshirt his rookie year. 

After the 2021 draft class, I have no doubt this team has no problem having a pick redshirt his rookie year. Prior to injuries, the only player they had any plan of playing all year was probably Hufanga on special teams. But then, injuries, and some players showed up (well, mostly Mitchell). But if all things had gone according to plans, we would have only had marginal production from the 2021 class at all. So, drafting an edge to redshirt a year? Definitely not out of the realm of possibilities. 

I don't necessarily like it, but if you want to preview our 2022 draft class, just look at our projected 2023 starters. If there's a contract running out, you can bet on us drafting a player at that position this year.

• Like 1