Week 1 - Bears vs Rams

Sugashane

8 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Dalton won't beat the Rams, but if we run the ball well and Dalton doesn't make mistakes we can keep it close.  20+ rushing carries will open up the play action.  Don't I sound like I should be calling plays?  Anyway LA wins 27-17 

Otherwise known as John Fox plan.

Don't win but keep it close and respectable.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Dalton won't beat the Rams, but if we run the ball well and Dalton doesn't make mistakes we can keep it close.  20+ rushing carries will open up the play action.  Don't I sound like I should be calling plays?  Anyway LA wins 27-17 

And to me that would be the $64,000 question.  Actually it's even more like if we run the ball much at all.

IMHO Montgomery alone should be getting 20 carries per game with another 10 spread out between others.

However, if Nagy deals with this as he has in the past if the run game isn't working well initially he practically abandons it for the rest of the game subbing 2-6 yard pass attempts for runs.  That's never gonna work.

• Like 1

I just don't like what I saw in the pre-season (yes, I know, it's pre-season). OL didn't look in sync, stupid penalties, piss-poor tackling on defense, and our CB2/slot were getting picked on more than I liked to see.

Stafford will come out with something to prove, and I'd be a liar if I didn't say I love Sean McVay's offenses...

Rams 27
Bears 17

19 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Don't think this is much of a surprise, but it will be interesting going forward with Goldman.

If Goldman says his back is bad next we will know he is mailing it in on his career and trying to collect as much on his contract as possible.  You can’t disprove back pain.  

If he gets knee surgery this week we will know it was legit. 

Can be somewhere in middle, but that is my suspicion.  

• Like 1