EDGE rushers

lark25

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yo Simms doesn’t even have Kayvon in his top 6. Homie on something big time. I understand being different but ain’t no way in hell Josh Pachal is a better prospect than Kayvon. 

Or Kalafits or Binotti 

dude is on one

Chris Simms is a clown

always has ridiculous hot takes , spare me 🙄

I joined the Mafe hivemind right after watching him run stride for stride with an RB on a wheel route 20 yards down the field. 

His traits and athleticism are really intriguing if you are looking for one of those EDGEs that plays wide like a DE/LB hybrid. I see him as a guy have that can play alot of different roles; guard RB's out of the backfield; lineup over the top on TE's, drop into coverage at a decent rate. All while still being able to rush the passer and support the run game.

He might not excite you if you want a hand in the dirt twtichy-bendy rusher.

Edited by animaltested

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I joined the Mafe hivemind right after watching him run stride for stride with an RB on a wheel route 20 yards down the field. 

His traits and athleticism are really intriguing if you are looking for one of those EDGEs that plays wide like a DE/LB hybrid. I feel like he can guard RB's out of the backfield; you can line him up over TE's and have him drop back in coverage; while being active rushing the passer AND stopping the run. 

He might not excite you if you want a hand in the dirt twtichy-bendy rusher.

5 hours ago, TheEagle said:

I've only watched Mafe at the Senior Bowl and against Nebraska. I thought he looked good in both games, but I need to watch more film on him.

If you like one-dimensional pass rushers that are on the older side, sure.

• Like 1

I want to like Sam Williams, but it's hard for me to see anything but a raw piece of clay there.  He's got absolutely NO idea of how to rush the passer.   If you trust your coaching staff, grabbing him on Day 2 could pay big dividends.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I want to like Sam Williams, but it's hard for me to see anything but a raw piece of clay there.  He's got absolutely NO idea of how to rush the passer.   If you trust your coaching staff, grabbing him on Day 2 could pay big dividends.

I like his potential, especially as a rotational guy. Depending on how the board looks, I'd consider him somewhere between 50 and 103 for KC.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If his background checks out, I don't love taking him at 61 for the niners, but I don't hate it either. Kocurek would definitely get him right, I think. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I like his potential, especially as a rotational guy. Depending on how the board looks, I'd consider him somewhere between 50 and 103 for KC.

I also think I'd rather do that then have to spend like pick 29 or 30 on Mafe, tbh. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I also think I'd rather do that then have to spend like pick 29 or 30 on Mafe, tbh. 

Agreed. I don't see it with Mafe at all. I'd much rather get Karlaftis, Ebiketie, Ojabo, Clemons, Gunter, Malone, Paschal, Stills, Chambers, and/or Anderson (depending on his legal, interviews, etc). So safe to say, I don't want Mafe at all.

Which this brings me to another topic. Who is Isaiah Chambers and why am I just now hearing about him? At first look, he seems like a potential late round steal as a rotational pass rusher. He's 24 though, so I personally wouldn't take him any higher than as a 5th round flyer.