Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

3 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

5.5 ypc, 1100 yards on 200 attempts, 47 receptions in 2020, 5.1 for his career.

Pretending its about unreliability is misreading the facts. the team got punched in the mouth twice against tampa. Jones is a matchup problem for most teams but thats a formidable defensive front.

Week 1 Kamara: 12 carries, 16 yds, 1.6 avg, td

Week 2 CMC: 18 carries 59 yds, 3.3 avg, 2tds

Week 7 Jacobs: 10 carries 17 yds, 1.7 avg

Week 8 Kamara: 9 carries 40 yds, 4.4 avg, td

Week 13 Cook: 22 carries 102 yds, 4.6 avg, td

Playoffs Kamara: 18 carries 85 yds, 4.7 avg 

this is them against the top RBs they faced other than jones, so is dalvin cook the good one out of the bunch? hes the only one that eclipsed 100 yards against them.

the fact is that there is a huge game to game variability in jones' performance, which makes his mean performance appear to be good. until  you look closely, and realize that he dominates subpar teams and is a non-factor against teams with elite speed on the eges of their defense

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You guys.  We are winning this game.  Get on board or get the **** out!

I also am confident in Bosa, Armstead, and Kinlaw against Turner, Yijman/Kelly, and Runyan. 

And obviously extremely confident in Preston, Clark, Keke, Gary against Trent Williams, Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, and Mike McGlinchey.

We're going to lose on talent in the trenches and we're going to get outcoached. 

• Like 1

100% concede its a game of matchups and as it looks now we match up pretty poorly along the lines. Bahk/Jenkins being out is a huge problem. 

But if you rewatch that Eagles/9ers game, Philly SHOULD have been up 17-0 in the first half, some really bone headed plays and bad luck. 2 redzones visits--zero points, had a field goal blocked, a TD called back, half ended 7-3 9ers. Eagles dominated the first half, they gave the game away.  

Personally feel we would be favored against Philly no matter where we play. 

When Jenkins didnt practice at first glance I thought we were going to get smoked. After rewatching 9ers previous two games, we got a good chance. 

The Lions/9ers game got out of hand week 1 when the Lions got away from the run after Goffs pick six, Goff made some mistakes that Rodgers just doesnt make. Lions dont have even close to the offensive weapons we have. 

Flat out-we have to have success running the ball. 

Edited by tredpack

I would of rather them did something like Turner, Runyan, Myers, Patrick, Newman, but I understand the keeping 4 at their regular spots. That being said I don't really have a lot of confidence in Yosh, I hope he does well, but a 3rd year PS journeyman starting vs Bosa and co. sounds nightmarish. I hope we can run the ball effectively because if they can pin their ears back, Rodgers will be planted into the ground like a  stepped on flower by the end of the night.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

I expect some difficulty getting 1st downs and keeping drives alive in that....I suspect we're going to need to pull out the short passing game...and I've never been a fan of the lateral/sideways passing game. We shall see. Hope will spring eternal....until it's crushed like a bug.

10 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I would of rather them did something like Turner, Runyan, Myers, Patrick, Newman, but I understand the keeping 4 at their regular spots. That being said I don't really have a lot of confidence in Yosh, I hope he does well, but a 3rd year PS journeyman starting vs Bosa and co. sounds nightmarish. I hope we can run the ball effectively because if they can pin their ears back, Rodgers will be planted into the ground like a  stepped on flower by the end of the night.

But then you realize this doesnt make sense. Newman and Turner vs Bosa are also all very nightmarish. None of them would do better.

Because they're all going to do very poorly.

Edited by HighCalebR

OL continuity is a important aspect.  Lots of preseason seemed like trying to see where players fit best, but I thought there was limited snaps for a consistent 5 guys in similar positions.  Week 1 was different than week 2.  So if Jenkins is out, then keeping the LG -C - RG -RT spots consistent and inserting the "swing/ backup" LT into the needed spot makes sense.

Why roster the backup LT if he is not next up when the current LT goes down?

MLF needs to plan and scheme for Nijman if he is the starter.

• Like 1