Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is he better than chandon Sullivan?

That's the important question. If he is, our defense is better with him in the slot over sully.

According to PFF they're kinda equal in targets and receptions allowed, it says Sully allowed 6 and King 5. I feel like they are just trying to squeeze out whatever King has left in the tank. Maybe he will be better in the slot because he isn't as demanded to be taken advantage on deep shots? This week will be telling.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

29 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I've seen King come up in run support and make violent tackles.  You can say he's skinny but he's pretty solid for a CB.  I like the move, get our 1st rounder out there and let KK and Chandon compete for slot, may the best CB3 win.

Pretty solid?  LOL .. past 2 games I must have been watching somebody else.  Must have been the King from couple years ago to come up in run support and be violent ... certainly hasn't been of late.  

15 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I can’t get on board with this, but I will say that the betting line suggests a much closer game than a lot on here expect. Individually, people (insasmuch as bettors are people) are morons, but in the aggregate they tend to get things right. 

I dunno, I get your point but I feel like a lot people bet GB with their hearts, not their heads - "offense started clicking and we stopped the Lions in the 2nd half!...and 9ers backfield is totally dinged" may have led to irrational exuberance, vs the reality of "our competent DCs couldn't solve the 9ers, no matter who is at RB" 

Paul Bretl -   A few numbers on the 49ers:

52 pressures for defense (3rd most)
7 PR & 0 sacks by OL (PFF)
46% pass rate (30th)
Deebo leads NFL w/ 282 receiving yards
Offense: 4/4 in RZ | Defense: Allowed 4 TDs in 5 RZ trips
2.5 sec avg time to throw for Jimmy G (quick passes)

This game will be telling as to where the Packers are.  You can beat our division doormats  into the ground, but the Niners present problems.  Its still early but if the Packers don't hang with the Niners you can put a fork in this season.  They should win the division, but little after that.

• Like 1

Just an fyi, looks like Sermon should be cleared soon and will be the starting RB. Mitchell is highly unlikely to go and we did pick up Patrick from the Bengals practice squad. 

Emmanuel Moseley will be making his season debut and starting opposite of Lenoir or Norman. If I had to guess, I would say Lenoir but could be Norman if they prefer to go the veteran presence route. Moseley/Lenoir/Williams is not a bad trio, but Adams will have the advantage regardless of who covers him. 

Our OL has only given up one sack which came from an untouched blitzer but the Eagles DL did get to Jimmy some. He is just getting the ball out of his hand quick and throwing short. Alexander got some time in the slot but I think he should be on Deebo for much of the game. Alexander does not usually travel like that though, right? Kittle was mainly used as a blocker last week but he should have his fair share of touches on Sunday. If Kinlaw is able to go, the run defense should be solid but Jones should still get a decent amount of yards. This run defense just isn't great. 

I think the Niners win by a TD with the Packers getting either a late FG or TD to close the gap. Should be more competitive than the 2019 games.