Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've seen a few Packers get tripped this year and no flags ... thought they might keep this one in their pocket as well, but it was on a QB.  

The Amos trip was different.  It was on the QB and the official was right there looking at it.  It had to be called.  It was blatant.

47 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I don’t really understand why tripping is a penalty when it’s the ball carrier that is being tripped, seems pretty innocuous compared to other ways of tackling.  I guess they don’t want guys getting kicked?

yeah, i think if it were legal you'd see a lot more violent tripping acts which could lead to fractured legs.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, vegas492 said:

The Amos trip was different.  It was on the QB and the official was right there looking at it.  It had to be called.  It was blatant.

It was definitely tripping.   How do you see that, but not see that he was quite obviously being held?   If he is not being held he would not have needed to resort to tripping to stop the QB.    At minimum the fouls should have been offsetting.

29 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

It was definitely tripping.   How do you see that, but not see that he was quite obviously being held?   If he is not being held he would not have needed to resort to tripping to stop the QB.    At minimum the fouls should have been offsetting.

I had to look at it again.  And this is a bad angle.  I think there was a better one on replay.  Certainly looks like Amos was held and twisted.  So yes, fouls should have been off-setting.  

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I had to look at it again.  And this is a bad angle.  I think there was a better one on replay.  Certainly looks like Amos was held and twisted.  So yes, fouls should have been off-setting.  

Appears the refs were only focused on how Niners players were being fouled.  Otherwise, yes, clearly off-setting penalties.