Saquan Barkley Pick is looking like a bad pick

Vladimir L

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, RB in the first is generally a bad idea.  And don't come at me with the why not WRs argument.

As for why WR is different: because you can consistently find waiver wire RBs that can do a RB1 job.  Are they as good as an elite RB?  No, but the dropoff isn't that big.

Do you have any evidence that shows that it is easier to find a late-round or waiver wire RB1 production than to do the same with a WR1 production? 

13 QBs that draft

2 are franchisers(did they become franchise QBs because they went to teams with everything in place already?)

jury still out on Baker

3 of the 5 Rd1 QBs are better than average

I think the highest stat producer of franchise QBs is the Heisman trophy winner; after Baker went, there was 1 Heisman winner left and he was the safest bet.

I don't really see why this needs to be a thread for a guy who took a lot of injuries

no one wants to talk about 2017 and the 7 people picked before Mahomes, CMC & Watson??

I was really excited to see Saquon play after being drafted; and I still am.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

it doesn't work very well in the passing league anyway. Even if he is the 2nd coming of Jim Brown.

With the exception of the 4th quarter with a big lead that your trying to salt away, every time you hand the ball off to a RB the defense cheers

19 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

With the exception of the 4th quarter with a big lead that your trying to salt away, every time you hand the ball off to a RB the defense cheers

Unless they defense is the Packers and the team handing it off is the niners. 

Amiright? 

The more I think About it the more i disagree with this notion that you don’t draft a RB high. Especially today. If Saquon was just a pure runner then sure. But he’s a threat in the passing game which great added value to the ground game. Plus if you don’t surround that RB with help around him whether it be a dynamic receiver or a good line then that’s an indictment on the FO. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

The more I think About it the more i disagree with this notion that you don’t draft a RB high. Especially today. If Saquon was just a pure runner then sure. But he’s a threat in the passing game which great added value to the ground game. Plus if you don’t surround that RB with help around him whether it be a dynamic receiver or a good line then that’s an indictment on the FO. 

That help is supposed to come from picks like #2 overall. You only get capitol like that once in a blue moon, or if you’re the Jets. Many needs are near impossible to fill if you don’t use a high first rounder (QB, pass rusher, and lockdown CB to a lesser extent).