Jets vs Broncos Thread

JetsandI

Sounds crazy, but I honestly think our defensive coaching staff is doing a good job with putting players in the best position, it's just the players aren't that good.  

Mosely, Maye, and QW are the only people out there we knew would lock their position as starters after Lawson went down. Mosely will like be gone after next season because of his contract, Maye is probably gone after this season, have to see how Lawson recovers, and see if QW is considered a player to build around.  

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Wilson isn’t ready to play in the NFL and this isn’t a roster that is ready to field a rookie QB. Simple as that. It’s a failure all the way around. I remember Rosen didn’t have a chance with the cardinals and they took another QB first overall…but so far Wilson has look just as bad if not worse. He has no business playing right now. Also not having a veteran here is another massive failure.  

Not sure how much a veteran would have done, this is what coaches are for. I think the veteran thing is often a myth. Fields was behind a vet in Dalton and looked like crap. All the rookie QBs looked average to bad today. They’re all just having trouble adjusting right now. Lamar couldn’t complete a pass his rookie year, Josh Allen looked like a bust. It takes time. The rookies are the only ones I’m not worried about because they’re 3 games into their careers. 

Well the good news is I just don't care anymore. We're terrible. We've been terrible for years, and it's hard to be optimistic about that changing any time soon.

Sure, Wilson is a rookie and well, just not good right now, but the team sucks. Drops, terrible and terribly-timed penalties, long third down conversions allowed, bad missed tackles... you can't win like that unless you have a surplus of talent. We do not. There are few QBs that would look good on this team right now. At least I feel confident that we'd still be trash even if didn't lose those two meangingless games last year, and we ended up with Lawrence.

Calling it now: The loser of Jags-Jets in December is going 0-17.

Okay, 3 games in and the carry over from last year has reared its ugly head again. We entered the new year with McGovern, Vanrotten, and Fant, only now we have added Morgan. McGovern is not an answer for the Jets at center and as for Mr. VR he is less than starter material.

The Jets 3/5 of the Line has to be replaced and at this juncture of the season there are no players available.

Joe Douglas has been a miser when it comes to contracts and as a GM I understand that aspect of it. But what plagued Darnold has spilled over to Wilson who IMHO is a far better QB than Darnold. 

But the quality of the players surrounding the QB makes all the difference in the world, and the Jets just don't have the horses. They have some nice pieces, but too many holes, and it seems to be a poorly disciplined team.

How do you get a penalty when kicking a field goal when you have 3 guy's on the sideline who are supposed to be on top of things? That is nothing short of ineptness. 

WR's dropping passes, the QB having no time to assess the field, it is only a matter of time before Wilson gets injured. 

Are the Jets as bad as they are playing? No, but the OL is terrible, 20 points over 3 games tells me that they are lousy, and I'm not going to get into how many QB hurries, roll outs, sacks, QB hits etc.

Its been a nightmare for the rookie. The Denver game did one thing and one thing only and that was to expose the OL for what it is terrible.

Already I'm looking for the greatest needs on the Jets next year, besides OL were desperate for a pass rusher.

So if the Jets wind up with the first pick in the draft and they can draft down and still get the pass rusher they desperately need I'm good with it.

But out of the first 4 picks 2 have to be OL, from G to C the entire OL with the exception of AVT and the Behemoth. 

How long can a defense remain on the field without tiring out?

It is a bleak outlook for the Jets, and I'm sorry to say, they may exceed last years loss total, they just may go winless.

9 minutes ago, Big T said:

Okay, 3 games in and the carry over from last year has reared its ugly head again. We entered the new year with McGovern, Vanrotten, and Fant, only now we have added Morgan. McGovern is not an answer for the Jets at center and as for Mr. VR he is less than starter material.

The Jets 3/5 of the Line has to be replaced and at this juncture of the season there are no players available.

Joe Douglas has been a miser when it comes to contracts and as a GM I understand that aspect of it. But what plagued Darnold has spilled over to Wilson who IMHO is a far better QB than Darnold. 

But the quality of the players surrounding the QB makes all the difference in the world, and the Jets just don't have the horses. They have some nice pieces, but too many holes, and it seems to be a poorly disciplined team.

How do you get a penalty when kicking a field goal when you have 3 guy's on the sideline who are supposed to be on top of things? That is nothing short of ineptness. 

WR's dropping passes, the QB having no time to assess the field, it is only a matter of time before Wilson gets injured. 

Are the Jets as bad as they are playing? No, but the OL is terrible, 20 points over 3 games tells me that they are lousy, and I'm not going to get into how many QB hurries, roll outs, sacks, QB hits etc.

Its been a nightmare for the rookie. The Denver game did one thing and one thing only and that was to expose the OL for what it is terrible.

Already I'm looking for the greatest needs on the Jets next year, besides OL were desperate for a pass rusher.

So if the Jets wind up with the first pick in the draft and they can draft down and still get the pass rusher they desperately need I'm good with it.

But out of the first 4 picks 2 have to be OL, from G to C the entire OL with the exception of AVT and the Behemoth. 

How long can a defense remain on the field without tiring out?

It is a bleak outlook for the Jets, and I'm sorry to say, they may exceed last years loss total, they just may go winless.

What makes this game so bad is that Denver had a total of seven starters out, three O lineman two linebackers, & their two best wide receivers. And we could not even score a point.

8 hours ago, drew39k said:

The issue with this philosophy is that organizations are constantly infatuated with the hot young QB.

That's how guys like EJ Manuel,Blake Bortles, Blaine Gabbert, Alex Smith, Marcus Mariota and so many more QBs get drafted and bust.

We took our shot on Wilson instead of moving the pick for a Haul that likely would have netted us three firsts. To throw away that guy who is effectively valued at three firsts after a single season only to draft another guy worth three firsts is a massive sink in resources.  We have proven time and again that a QB isn't the instant success it is billed as during draft hype. The single most effective way to give you the best chance at landing a franchise QB is to build the team first.  Give the guy a soft landing in a situation where the talent in the team can support the growth of the QB. You absolutely do not want to have a situation where your young franchise guy is dropping back, running for his life and throwing the receivers that can't get open, don't  know the routes and can't catch the ball. It is the fastest way to ruin a QB

The problem with that though is the investment made in the o-line and recievers. We are in week 3 so of course things will (should!) improve but to say Zach was coming into a poor situation offensively is just not true. 

Our o-line has Becton (#11 pick) AVT (#12 pick) a top RT in Moses and a good centre in McGovern. GVR is **** but we have four solid pieces on the o-line. Not some scrap heap washed out vets. 

Our receiving core is the best we’ve had in over a decade. Davis, Mims, Crodwer, Moore, Cole is a very solid receiving core with the option of Moore snd Mims getting better and becoming a top tandem. Unfortunately Mims has been bombed out and Crowder/Cole hurt so it’s made a big problem. 

Zach has got the best chance of any of Geno/Hack/Sam to succeed so the coaching needs to drastically improve and his game needs to also. 

Feel for you guys, man. The Broncos have had some inept teams in the post-Manning era, but I don't know if I can relate to that team you had to put out. Genuinely not trolling as that's not me at all. Just trying to show some empathy ...

I just can't fathom why Wilson hasn't been put in a 1 or 2 read, stretch zone type scheme that we're seeing right across the NFL right now. Make it easier on the kid for crying out loud.

Asking him to sit back there on 3rd and 5+ and go through 3+ progressions against NFL Defenses ain't it.

Hopefully you can make some adjustments and the kid doesn't get killed out there. He's got arm talent, clearly, but right now he's a deer in the headlights and I can totally understand why with the scheme/playcalling I saw out there.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I still can’t believe we drafted Zach Wilson, handed him the job and tossed him out there

Offensive line is supposed to be Joe’s speciality but it’s looking like a weakness

I mean he’s invested two first round picks, spent good money on McGovern, Fant and GVR and then brought in Moses. Edoga, and Clark was other semi/high picks that haven’t equated to anything. Just across the board we can’t identify talent or can’t coach them. Somethings missing. 

Edited by KimuraGod

7 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I mean he’s invested two first round picks, spent good money on McGovern, Fant and GVR and then brought in Moses. Edoga, and Clark was other semi/high picks that haven’t equated to anything. Just across the board we can’t identify talent or can’t coach them. Somethings missing. 

For me its coaching. We have offensive talent. We just have no clue how to scheme and utilize talent. When Berrios is the 2nd best player production wise on your offense... that shows you have no clue how to use guys. Davis, Mims, Moore, Crowder, Cole and Berrios should be productive. Carter, Johnson, Coleman should be productive. Wilson shouldn't look as rough as he has. And the OLines blocking scheme isn't working. Its not a lack of talent. Its a lack of coaching.

Saleh and LaFleur need to be criticized the same way Gase and Loggains were right now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

McGovern has been a bust signing, Fant has been okay, GVR sucks. Clark is nothing more than depth. Thank god we signed Moses with glass Becton on the roster. I think the Mike Lafleur experiment is looking pretty terrible right now. 

all I know is I’m immensely worried for Zach Wilson at this point. He looks like a completely different player than he did in week 1.

Saleh and Lafleur need to own up and take control here, the all gas no breaks nonsense is already tired

• Like 1