Post Game Thoughts. Browns.

cconocool

12 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

It doesn't take a loss for me to agree that the team should clear house. I have thought that since before the start of the 2020 season. Many wanted to see a good house cleaning even earlier than that.  On the other end of the spectrum, there are some fans that won't want a good house cleaning almost no matter the number of losses. There will always be an(other) excuse.

If you are talking about firing Zimmer right away after the game, I am fairly indifferent on that. I don't really care what the timing of that coaching decision is so much as the dismissal of the GM, which can't happen soon enough as far as I am concerned.  If I was given control of the team right now the very first thing that I would do would be to fire Rick Spielman and engage in an in-depth search for a new GM. I would let Zimmer continue coaching the team in the meantime if he wanted to do that.

Ideally, I would have a new GM in place before the end of the season and that GM would be well along in the process of deciding on the next head coach heading into the offseason. If Zimmer wanted to stay until the new head coach was identified, I would be fine with that. 

The outcome of the Browns game wouldn't be the reason nor would the outcome of the game against the Lions have any bearing on it. There is nothing Rick Spielman can do before the bye that would change my mind about his fate. The only way he would stay on as the GM would be if I didn't get control of the team until the postseason. In that case I would wait for the postseason to end and then fire him at that point unless his team won it all.

How would you interview and hire a qualified GM candidate during the season?

41 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I’ll just leave it at this; do you think players would miss Zimmer if he were fired? 

I think there are players that would.  Players like Anthony Barr and Everson Griffen have shown a desire to be here and there are players, especially defensive players, that have talked affectionately about him.

And I'm sure others feel differently.

2 hours ago, sinceAtikevike said:

How would you interview and hire a qualified GM candidate during the season?

First step is firing the GM.  Next step is gathering a pool of candidates. I would use a consulting firm to help with that process. How I would interview them would depend on their current employment situation; I might have to travel to meet them in their city. I would keep the interviews under the radar as much as possible. 

Guys that are currently employed by NFL teams I would be limited in gauging their interest via informal discussions.

1 hour ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Zim has rubbed several players wrong and already young guys like Dantzler and Jefferson are tired of him. 

People need to quit posting nonsense like this without any proof or source. There has been zero evidence that Jefferson has anything against Zimmer. None. People are speaking their own bias as if it is fact.

Dantzler posted something about his frustration. But Zimmer would lose the locker room a lot faster if he allowed players to run roughshod over him. 

There are plenty of reasons to support firing Zimmer. No need to make stuff up. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

If the Vikings lose Sunday do we all agree to clean house?

I don't think so, but I kinda want to see it, just for the social media and talking heads chaos it would create.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

People need to quit posting nonsense like this without any proof or source. There has been zero evidence that Jefferson has anything against Zimmer. None. People are speaking their own bias as if it is fact.

Dantzler posted something about his frustration. But Zimmer would lose the locker room a lot faster if he allowed players to run roughshod over him. 

There are plenty of reasons to support firing Zimmer. No need to make stuff up. 

You don’t think he’s lost the locker room? Look at all the players who have come out publicly and dissed Zimmer. Come on, now.

I just think Zim has reached his peak and to me its pretty obvious Weve had a lot of talented rosters and the farthest weve gotten is the NFCCG (which is no slouch to get to and should be pretty proud of) but the only reason why we got there is because of a play that was dubbed a "miracle" I want something fresh and an offensive minded HC who can scheme to our strengths and can create a weekly scheme that can attack a defense weakness Weve done that this year ie the Seahawk game but It clearly didnt really work out this week

I dont have any stats or profound statements to debate why I want a new HC I can however notice mediocrity/ purgatory and thats what this team is with ZIm imo maybe even include Spielman too

• Like 1