Week 5 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Huge game coming up. This is a must win and the Colts aren't as bad as their 2-4 record. It took 2 missed FG's to barely lose on the road to Baltimore.

You have 4 division winners + the Rams, so 2 spots are left between the Vikings, Bears, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks, and us. We can't afford to drop this game.

Hopefully the team is rested and healthier. Also hope Shanny had a little bye-week reset and the offense looks a little more cohesive. I think its time to at least give Lance 5-10 snaps a game in special packages, hopefully with a bit more creativity and a lot more sliding instead of trying to truck defenders. 

Worried about Buckner, our interior is shaky and i'm sure he's had this day circled since the schedule came out.

Some good news on the injury front. Having Mitchell & Hasty healthy will be huge for our run game. 

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think its time to at least give Lance 5-10 snaps a game in special packages, hopefully with a bit more creativity and a lot more sliding instead of trying to truck defenders. 

I agree. Get him some drop backs incorporated in there work the PA passing game. I have no problem running him some, but what we did against the Cardinals isn't going to do us or him any favors. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I agree. Get him some drop backs incorporated in there work the PA passing game. I have no problem running him some, but what we did against the Cardinals isn't going to do us or him any favors. 

Yup, Lance biggest issue outside of his accuracy, is his timing. He's not throwing WR open, he's throwing when there open. Kyles offense runs on timing and that's the reason why there playing him in shotgun/pistol. Kyle said defense play honest 11 on 11 when you play in shotgun instead of under center. If Lance misses his read he can move out of the pocket and use his legs. That's why I think they played the cards the way they did. Again Lance is raw mentally still. We are using the WFT rookie year RG3 offense right now. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

Low-key I feel like this is Trent saying "Jimmy isn't a good QB, so I can't say he looks good, so instead I'll say he looks like himself" 

Or am I just reading too much into that? 

It looks like it's going to be raining on Sunday. Jimmy is gonna fumble our season away. He's not a good bad weather QB. Something tells me Lance can play in bad weather, but obviously that is tbd 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Low-key I feel like this is Trent saying "Jimmy isn't a good QB, so I can't say he looks good, so instead I'll say he looks like himself" 

Or am I just reading too much into that? 

It looks like it's going to be raining on Sunday. Jimmy is gonna fumble our season away. He's not a good bad weather QB. Something tells me Lance can play in bad weather, but obviously that is tbd 

No, Trent is actually one of Jimmy's biggest supporters. Almost everyone in the team really likes and respects Jimmy, I don't think that is fake...Some of the younger receivers??? Not sure LOL.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, Trent is actually one of Jimmy's biggest supporters. Almost everyone in the team really likes and respects Jimmy, I don't think that is fake...Some of the younger receivers??? Not sure LOL.

Yeah, I mean especially Brandon Aiyuk. Aiyuk was a quality receiver down the stretch last year because Nick Mullens doesn't internalize that he's 5'11" with a noodle and pushed the ball downfield a decent bit. Mullens targeted Aiyuk on valuable routes. Trey is able to get Aiyuk the ball on sideline routes against man coverage even if he hasn't hooked up with him down the field yet. Jimmy really can't do either. Deebo's been a big vocal supporter of Trey - the man (quite rightfully) wants chances to appear as a complete receiver and while Trey isn't on time, he at least gives Deebo more chances to make the big plays that get you paid. With Jimmy, Deebo has to look like more of a gimmick player (except for the times that Jimmy throws lame duck deep balls for Deebo to prove that he has quite a bit of catch-point chops). 

18 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, I mean especially Brandon Aiyuk. Aiyuk was a quality receiver down the stretch last year because Nick Mullens doesn't internalize that he's 5'11" with a noodle and pushed the ball downfield a decent bit. Mullens targeted Aiyuk on valuable routes. Trey is able to get Aiyuk the ball on sideline routes against man coverage even if he hasn't hooked up with him down the field yet. Jimmy really can't do either. Deebo's been a big vocal supporter of Trey - the man (quite rightfully) wants chances to appear as a complete receiver and while Trey isn't on time, he at least gives Deebo more chances to make the big plays that get you paid. With Jimmy, Deebo has to look like more of a gimmick player (except for the times that Jimmy throws lame duck deep balls for Deebo to prove that he has quite a bit of catch-point chops). 

For sure, Aiyuk was GREAT in beating man coverage and still is shaking free but you have to test the sidelines and Jimmy just does not do that.

Deebo is looking complete even with Jimmy as the QB to be fair. Running great digs, slants, posts and even going deep from time to time. He's a phenomenal FOOTBALL player first and foremost and if he keeps this up, he should be making the pro bowl.