Which Seattle Move Was the Worst?

AFlaccoSeagulls

Which Seattle Move Was the Worst?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Seattle Move Was the Worst?

• Percy Harvin - 2013 1st-round pick, 2013 7th-round pick, 2014 3rd round pick
    • Jimmy Graham - Max Unger + 1st-round pick (Saints also sent a 4th-round pick to SEattle)
    • Jamal Adams - Bradley McDougald, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 1st-round pick, 2021 3rd-round pick (Jets also sent a 2022 4th-round pick)

At the time of the trades, I think it’s Harvin. He’s a receiver that wasn’t great at running routes, wasn’t great at catching the ball, and most importantly, wasn’t great at staying on the field. Some will say Harvin was a big part of that playoff run and that alone makes him worth it, but you don’t trade that much for a guy that was a rich man’s Cordarrelle Patterson. 

With hindsight, I think it’s going to be Adams. His coverage seems to have gotten even worse, I think by now he’s a true box safety. Just not worth that steep price tag.

• Like 1

Harvin trade can't really qualify. Dude scored two TDs in the Super Bowl for them. I think we would all trade a first round pick for a guy who scores two TDs in a Super Bowl win even if he never did anything else.

It's trading Unger IMO. They had a decent OL and it was never the same again after that trade

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Harvin trade can't really qualify. Dude scored two TDs in the Super Bowl for them. I think we would all trade a first round pick for a guy who scores two TDs in a Super Bowl win even if he never did anything else.

It's trading Unger IMO. They had a decent OL and it was never the same again after that trade

Yea, I’m clueless as to how most are saying Percy over Unger. Like you said, their OL has remained a big problem(though Russ doesn’t make it much better) ever since he got traded.

I would say losing Unger; really impacted Seattle's identity, and the C position has been in flux since. That being said, one silver lining is the 4th acquired from NO was used to trade up and draft Tyler Lockett. NO took Stephone Anthony with that 1st. Still Unger was way more valuable than Jimmy. 

Harvin trade was a moot point. Team was way too talented to be affected by it in anyway. Vikings got Xavier Rhodes and Jerrick McKinnon from the trade. 

Adams trade is going to sting. Wont know how bad for a few years. NYJ I believe already burned that 3rd moving up for AVT; so its going to be Adams for AVT and this years 1st. 

Edited by animaltested

I thought the Jimmy Graham trade was where it all started to unravel. The OL was really good and then they decided to trade Unger to the Saints for Graham. Its not a con coincidence the Saints OL became really good and the Seahawks OL became really bad. They never solved it. As a result Russ gets hit and sacked way too much and in the division where you have a great pass rush in the Rams led by the best DL in Donald, a great pass rush in the Niners led by a great young DL in Bosa, and the Cards pass rush who can be great led by a top 5 pass rusher in Jones the OL for the Seahawks cant afford to be that bad for so long. Thats at least 6 games of Russ getting roughed up. Im surprised he lasted this long without getting badly hurt. 

I know people are going to say the Adams trade was the worst but I can live with the Seahawks trying to be aggressive on that side of the ball. Adams is a great defensive player. I think getting Graham was the Seahawks making a statement of the changing of the guard from their philosophy of running the football being physical and playing great defense to letting Russ cook. I think Pete was trying to justify why he made the mistake of letting Russ throw the ball at the GL in the SB rather than just handing the ball off to Lynch to score and the Seahawks wouldve won back to back titles. It blew up in his face and the Seahawks havent even sniffed the SB since.