Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Raiders should go after Joe Brady. 

Maybe.  He's going to be the young, hot name.  But there is going to be cultural repercussions from this, even if there has started to be a solid culture being formed under Gruden, or so it seemed.  Whether Brady is the guy to do that is up-in-the-air.  Brandon Staley is kind of an anomaly in how he's been able to accomplish this without a ton of time at the knee of some established culture coaches (though I suppose you can make a case of Vic Fangio).  A couple other names I'd throw out there that I think could be quality hires would be Don (Wink) Martindale and Matt Eberflus.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Eric B!!!!!

No better way to show your not racist than hiring a minority!!!

Hopefully EB would know what to do with Ruggs

this **** is crazy. I hope Raiders can keep their money from that 100 million contract 

Why would the Raiders need to prove they aren’t racist? Jon Gruden said these things. Not the Raiders. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Eric B!!!!!

this **** is crazy. I hope Raiders can keep their money from that 100 million contract 

....nobody thinks the Raiders are racist... 

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Maybe.  He's going to be the young, hot name.  But there is going to be cultural repercussions from this, even if there has started to be a solid culture being formed under Gruden, or so it seemed.  Whether Brady is the guy to do that is up-in-the-air.  Brandon Staley is kind of an anomaly in how he's been able to accomplish this without a ton of time at the knee of some established culture coaches (though I suppose you can make a case of Vic Fangio).  A couple other names I'd throw out there that I think could be quality hires would be Don (Wink) Martindale and Matt Eberflus.

As long as Mark Davis has learned his lesson and stops hiring guys off the TV.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Eric B!!!!!

While an argument that Gruden had racist proclivities could be made, the Davis family has a lot (and I mean A LOT - the old man put in WORK for years before he died) to foundationally argue they're not an organization that tolerates racism or misogyny (again, this is the same franchise - albeit under Al and not Mark - who promoted the first female high-level executive in league history).  They don't really need to make reactionary hires.  What they do need to do is make hires to reaffirm their roots.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Kellen Moore will be the next HC of LV, not Joe Brady. Joe Brady sucks at interviews (source: out-interviewed by Nick Sirianni)

Kellen was also out interviewed by Nick Sirianni. 

So therefor Kellen can go nowhere and must stay our OC forever.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As long as Mark Davis has learned his lesson and stops hiring guys off the TV.

Which, I've already established earlier in the thread, I don't believe he has and believe he's, quite to the contrary, torched any benefit of the doubt he might have had.