Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The crazy thing is before they hired Gruden and gave him the sky, sun, moon, and the stars they should’ve done extensive research on him. All of this is coming out now and nobody in the organization never knew about it before they hired him. That’s why the Raiders are a poor franchise now. That’s why they haven’t been relevant in decades. 

How exactly would they have done that?

No one knew about this.

Edited by DigInBoys
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Just when people thought the Raiders were taking steps forward they took more steps backwards.

The crazy thing is before they hired Gruden and gave him the sky, sun, moon, and the stars they should’ve done extensive research on him. All of this is coming out now and nobody in the organization never knew about it before they hired him. That’s why the Raiders are a poor franchise now. That’s why they haven’t been relevant in decades. 

As for Gruden he saved face by resigning if not he just flat out got fired which I highly doubt it. He probably will just go back to ESPN to the MNF booth and doing Gruden Camp on the NFL draft prospects acting like nothing ever happened. It’s a very bad look on him and I know I won’t ever look at him the same. 

Gruden's football career is over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Damn, gotta feel for Derek Carr, finally they have a decent team put together and now they will probably have to start over, most likely Mayock is gone as well after the season if not now. Hopefully whatever coordinator takes over can still lead them to the playoffs and show that their capable of coaching this team, that way they won’t have to start over from the beginning. 

yea, now that Gruden is gone they have to trade all of their good players, except Derek Carr. 

3 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

How exactly would they have done that?

No one knew about this.

Every owner should have a mandatory interview with Bruce Allen before hiring someone. If there's something to be known, he probably knows it, will be willing to squeal about it, and likely still has evidence of it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So a convicted felon can over time reshape his image, but Gruden has no shot to ever work at a job related to the league?  Interesting standards for redemption.

There always will be. 

There are a lot more people who can do Gruden's job in broadcasting (and do it well) than there are people who could do what Michael Vick could do. People can feel however they want about it, but I think it's very much true. 

Networks want good optics and numbers.  Right now Gruden's not going to provide either. If that changes, I think that will be quite a bit away

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think it's worth the risk for him or Ryan Day. Urban Meyer? Not so much.

But is Ryan Day a big enough name - because you can be confident that that's going to matter to Davis if he's the one making the call.  Honestly, I'm not even sure Riley would be unless Oklahoma wins the ship this season.  Davis is going to want someone with a "championship pedigree" he can sell in Vegas.  Ryan Day hasn't won squadoosh.

I can think of several hires that I think would be good for the Raiders, and even could consider several of them likely if Mayock were to stay and have any significant stroke in that decision-making.  I just don't have a whole lot of confidence that's going to happy, particularly the later part.