Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here's a question....

Let's say that they do can him for this. What do you do with Mayock? Do you just clean house, or do you maybe really let him be in charge as a GM, find a coach, let him get his players etc etc? 

Probably should, but I'll be honest, Mark Davis has flushed away any benefit of the doubt he might have had as to his ability to pick a good fit HC and may well still stay loyal to Mayock if there's been enough of a relationship there.  And while I feel like Mayock probably very much could do a worse job than Mark has thus far at picking a HC, I'm morbidly interested to see what route he would go.

In my opinion, best thing Davis could do is to get someone with legitimate organizational culture bonafides AND ties/love for this particular organization.  That, honestly, would be going out and hiring Amy Trask and giving her authority that was second only to him - and let her be the one to formulate the plan and bring it to him, and then carry it out.  There are a number of reasons why I wouldn't expect this to happen; chiefly among them that I've never read humility to be Davis' strength.  More than likely, by my expectation, we're going to see Davis pull a Shad Khan here and try to bring around one of the "great white whales" as far as HC prospects go - and, if it's anything like so many of the white whales have been, with Urban Meyer being the most recent - they're going to show that there was a reason why they were fantasies that never materialized into reality.  Not sure if that's going all out to try and get Cowher out of retirement or going after Lincoln Riley or what, but it's my gut feeling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He resigned, which I assume will forfeit his remaining contract. Maybe he's getting a golden parachute from Mark Davis though to help make the decision 

Very possible. Gruden resigns vs getting fired, gets a "buyout compensation " as part of the process.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Probably should, but I'll be honest, Mark Davis has flushed away any benefit of the doubt he might have had as to his ability to pick a good fit HC and may well still stay loyal to Mayock if there's been enough of a relationship there.  And while I feel like Mayock probably very much could do a worse job than Mark has thus far at picking a HC, I'm morbidly interested to see what route he would go.

In my opinion, best thing Davis could do is to get someone with legitimate organizational culture bonafides AND ties/love for this particular organization.  That, honestly, would be going out and hiring Amy Trask and giving her authority that was second only to him - and let her be the one to formulate the plan and bring it to him, and then carry it out.  There are a number of reasons why I wouldn't expect this to happen; chiefly among them that I've never read humility to be Davis' strength.  More than likely, by my expectation, we're going to see Davis pull a Shad Khan here and try to bring around one of the "great white whales" as far as HC prospects go - and, if it's anything like so many of the white whales have been, with Urban Meyer being the most recent - they're going to show that there was a reason why they were fantasies that never materialized into reality.  Not sure if that's going all out to try and get Cowher out of retirement or going after Lincoln Riley or what, but it's my gut feeling.

Eh, Lincoln Riley would be a pretty great hire for them.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not just a work e-mail. A work e-mail TO BRUCE ALLEN. The biggest snitch in NFL history.

No one ever accused Gruden of having fantastic awareness.  Frank Caliendo's satirical Gruden not-so-arguably had better awareness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

No way this, is an overreaction. Lol. He has the first openly gay player in his locker room. And black players who have kneel in protest before. How he gonna coach those players. 

It absolutely is. They are leaked emails from a decade ago.