Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

IMO, there's nothing that could/should be done about emails in 2011. He wasn't employed by the team at the time and it leaves plenty of time for personal growth.

But if there is similar stuff from 2018, when he was employed by the Raiders, he's gotta go. At that point you're a representative of a team and the league. I'd have to imagine that it would be considered conduct detrimental to the organization and be an easy out for Davis to save some money.

This is pretty much in lock step with my thinking. I'm sure for the Raiders it may be more about getting out of the rest of that contract as opposed to some moral high ground though, which I have no issue with. 

Just now, Forge said:

Here's a question....

Let's say that they do can him for this. What do you do with Mayock? Do you just clean house, or do you maybe really let him be in charge as a GM, find a coach, let him get his players etc etc? 

He just quit. Didn’t have to be fired

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wow. He must have been looking to get out if this is all it took 

I think someone in the league office must have made it clear to him that they have a lot more (and worse) coming beyond what's already been leaked. Probably could have survived this if had hadn't gone after Goodell in so many emails. 

• Like 1