What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

55 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I liked the ending, because

Hide contents

they used the element of the ring coming to life and making ships disappear on purpose. The torpedo was more a thing in Holden's relationship with Naomi and the Torpedo count just a suspension element imo.

I guess. Just felt a little anticlimactic to me. 

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just watched episode 1 of The Wire. I’ve never seen it before but I always see it ranked highly. Hopefully expectations don’t let me down. 

Just enjoy it for what it is

If you expect something like Breaking Bad, you will be disappointed (although its better to me)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just watched episode 1 of The Wire. I’ve never seen it before but I always see it ranked highly. Hopefully expectations don’t let me down. 

I'll only say, it's a slow burn, but stick with it at least through the end of season 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

15 mins into Marvelous Mrs Maisel I’ve decided I’m in love with Rachel Brosnahan 

She shares slight mannerisms and comedic timing with Larry David. They do the same exact smug mouth thing when saying something funny. And they both say whatever they want with no thought towards repercussions 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:44 AM, Ty21 said:

The lake is Missouri? What does that have to do with anything 

I haven't watched the show but I grew up in that area, the meth problem is way out of control down there. I read somewhere that there is more meth produced/exported from that area than anywhere in the country

On 2/1/2022 at 9:30 AM, adamq said:

Rewatching XFiles again, takes awhile to really kick in but there are some bangers in season 1

Season 2 is pretty awful so far.. couple good episodes but I straight up skipped a few, too

Just watched the Nevers. I like the premise and I like idea....there's a lot of things to be hopeful about and a lot of potential...but I found the first part of season one (6 eps) to be a bit of a hot mess, particularly in its narrative. The totality of the six eps is pretty underwhelming, so i think breaking the first season in half was a dreadful mistake. Plots are started and then they are just kind of forgotten about. One of the characters seems to be pivotal but he never goes anywhere either. 

Very frustrating watch given how much potential fun you can see in it. 

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Just watched episode 1 of Pam and Tommy, and it was ok.  Makes Tommy Lee look like the worlds biggest *******.

I’m actually really enjoying the show so far. It’s funny how different his portrayal in this is to the dirt 

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The Wire definitely aged well. Gave me one of my favorite characters in any TV show ever and one of my favorite catch phrases.

Excellent show (I just watched last year)

Same. And i watched it through for the very first time last year, and i would put it as my number 1 all time show

And thats why sticking with it is important. That was my 3rd attempt of watching it, and the first two times i only made it through a few episodes.

• Like 1