What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 2/14/2023 at 9:33 PM, Ty21 said:

Arrested development was such a ****ing funny show. I hate when people refer to something as ahead of its time, but it was. Every character is hilarious and the humor is so layered and perfect. It’s just perfect that Ted Lasso is as bland as it is and totally unspectacular but has a whole 20% higher score on rotten tomatoes than AD and higher user score. 

Yep. It’s one of probably a dozen TV series I own the physical copies of. 

• Like 1

Got through the first season of The Blacklist, was better than I expected.  A few standout scenes from Spader who is a significantly better actor than everyone else on the show.  Keen is getting more and more annoying as a character.  We're powering into season 2 now.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Got through the first season of The Blacklist, was better than I expected.  A few standout scenes from Spader who is a significantly better actor than everyone else on the show.  Keen is getting more and more annoying as a character.  We're powering into season 2 now.

I've watched that thing from the get-go.  I really, really enjoy it.  Really good character developments from everyone.  You are in for a good ride if you are watching these new.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've watched that thing from the get-go.  I really, really enjoy it.  Really good character developments from everyone.  You are in for a good ride if you are watching these new.

Going in blind, so i'm hopeful.  I was really into season 1 as it went along, but I thought the Berlin reveal was a weak close to a strong first season.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Going in blind, so i'm hopeful.  I was really into season 1 as it went along, but I thought the Berlin reveal was a weak close to a strong first season.

There are going to be a lot of "Berlins".  LOL!  

There is always a great underlying story going on...and lots of chaos.  And Red is an amazing character with so much depth.  Dembai, too.

You are in for a fun ride, it picks up pretty fast.

I watched the first episode of That 90s Show.

Uh... yikes. Outside of a couple of great Red/Kitty moments, and I did enjoy the Kelso Jackie cameo... that was bad? Like my wife hated it too and she's more open to liking shows. Does it get better? The kids were pretty awful. 

On 2/14/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ty21 said:

Arrested development was such a ****ing funny show. I hate when people refer to something as ahead of its time, but it was. Every character is hilarious and the humor is so layered and perfect. It’s just perfect that Ted Lasso is as bland as it is and totally unspectacular but has a whole 20% higher score on rotten tomatoes than AD and higher user score. 

Watching Ted Lasso is the visual equivalent of eating communion wafers for lunch. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I watched the first episode of That 90s Show.

Uh... yikes. Outside of a couple of great Red/Kitty moments, and I did enjoy the Kelso Jackie cameo... that was bad? Like my wife hated it too and she's more open to liking shows. Does it get better? The kids were pretty awful. 

Never watching that show. Just know I’m going to hate.

doing a second viewing of Reacher, ritchson did such a good job. Looking forward to season 2

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Which did you like better? Didn't know HBO did one. Any reason to watch it if you've watched the Netflix version?

I liked the Netflix version better just because they have the interviews with all the people from the boat accident. Only thing HBO does different is they go more into the Stephen Smith accident, and sit down with his sister, and mom.

• Like 1

BATTLEBOTS UPDATE

Over halfway through the season, this has been one of the best years yet. A couple rule changes have helped take the judges out of it, also the worst judge of the 3 is gone.

S08E09

Fight 1.. Witch Dr v Gruff

sadly Gruff looks past their prime. 5ish years ago a bot could win by just taking punishment and surviving (think Homer Simpson as a boxer) but the weapons are just too big and bad for that to be a winning strategy

Fight 2.. who cares, Malice and Valkyrie are irrelevant. Horizontal spinners just can't deliver the same punishment a vertical disk can. 2wd also can't get the control or traction of a 4wd bot. Bad designs if their goal is to win the Giant Nut

Fight 3.. Madcatter v Big Dill

Love me a control bot, but these too are likely obsolete. Big Dill adding a vertical disk was very smart, with those huge forks it is very effective. Still needs tweaks. Terrortops has a similar setup and dominated their first match ever 

Going out for supper, will update later (if I remember)