What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

So yeah I didn’t hate That 90’s Show. Wasn’t blown away but at least I walk away feeling like they didn’t **** it up. They didn’t shy away from jokes, didn’t push modern agendas. It lacks the magic of the original show but the nostalgia carries it. A few of the new cast weren’t insufferable. Android 19 was the definition of insufferable. Was good being back in Point Place again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

So yeah I didn’t hate That 90’s Show. Wasn’t blown away but at least I walk away feeling like they didn’t **** it up. They didn’t shy away from jokes, didn’t push modern agendas. It lacks the magic of the original show but the nostalgia carries it. A few of the new cast weren’t insufferable. Android 19 was the definition of insufferable. Was good being back in Point Place again. 

The character work was good, but 10 episodes did it a disservice. It didn't allow for the characters to breath. It probably wouldve been better as a 20 episode series. As it stands, its mid. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The character work was good, but 10 episodes did it a disservice. It didn't allow for the characters to breath. It probably wouldve been better as a 20 episode series. As it stands, its mid. 

That makes it a massive improvement on other Netflix sitcoms, tbh. 

They can't get the sitcom thing right. They have all been horrible...not even sure I'll watch 90's show 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Yep I told my friend they should’ve done 22 episodes 

51 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yea it was decent enough, overall I enjoyed it for what it was. Kitty and Red are enough for me to keep watching, Kittys fantasy about being a nurse at the school had me dying. The set is great and I enjoyed seeing some things in the background like the Stupid Helmet, Candy Land, old furniture in the basement, pot leaf still on the water tower and even a picture of Kitty with her parents. Also who doesn't want to Cruise the Vista in a Vista Cruiser?

As far as the kids I like Leia and Gwen, Jay and Nikky were decent enough but could hardly stand Nate and Ozzie. They will never address it on the show but I can't be the only one that assumes Gwens father is Hyde.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Hyde.

Yeah he’ll just be a dead name on the show but it’s not like he needs to be addressed. How many people fall out of your life when you’re a teen that you still talk about 20 years later 

11 hours ago, D82 said:

I could have sworn we had a thread for this show but...

Season 2 releases sometime this year 

We should have one tbh. I’m looking forward to this. I read the entirety of the comics and it doesn’t stop being great 

Servant is getting pretty interesting after season 2. I’m happy it’s a half hour drama cause it’s just too much energy sinking an hour at a time into some of these shows. 

Spoiler

It’s cool they’ve successfully gone 2 seasons while keeping it mysterious who the good characters are. There’s reasons to believe they’re all just bad people. I am curious if the cult will actually be the good guys and that Leanne’s fallout causes significant chaos. 

We are from Southern Missouri and avoided the show for this long, but last night the wife and I watched the first episode of Ozark. Both of us were very underwhelmed and won't be continuing.. plot holes galore in just the premise, and we can tell already how the stereotypical they will be portraying that area.. and it was filmed in Georgia?! 🤢

Afterwards we started El Chapo and we are hooked.. Hardly even notice the dubs

8 hours ago, adamq said:

We are from Southern Missouri and avoided the show for this long, but last night the wife and I watched the first episode of Ozark. Both of us were very underwhelmed and won't be continuing.. plot holes galore in just the premise, and we can tell already how the stereotypical they will be portraying that area.. and it was filmed in Georgia?! 🤢

Afterwards we started El Chapo and we are hooked.. Hardly even notice the dubs

Took me a while to get into ozark even though I like bateman. Felt like they were trying too hard to be breaking bad. 

King of Spades episode wow. I’m cool with the ending. Chisiyina (sp) was my favorite character. Something about his voice and look. 
Liked it better than Squid Game because of all the characters. SG had the shock value and edge of your seat feel. Still felt it here but not as much for some reason. But the games and characters were definitely way better in AiB. And agree with pretty much everyone’s thoughts. 

Spoiler

King of Spades episode goes from elite TV to great episode when everyone survives. Especially how the show made it anyone can die. Not sure how I feel about Aguni having 7 lives  

Disappointed we didn’t see the King of Hearts game. Could have been an awesome episode being a Heart game with a King.

• Like 2

My wife wanted to watch "The Rookie: Feds" and the lead character is just unbearable. She can apparently tell who is guilty just by looking at them, has no consequences whatsoever for not following orders (or chain of command), and all you need to solve crimes is sass.