What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I thought season one was pretty bad. I was massively underwhelmed. 

I will probably watch season 2 though 

I think I would have it above pretty bad. Average (maybe slightly below) with potential is what i'd call season 1 of Valhalla.  I'll watch season 2, but i'm not in a particular rush to do so.

Got a free 3 month trial of apple+ so I’m starting with Ted Lasso. Heard nothing but good things about it and I like Bill Lawrence well enough for making Scrubs. 

-im probably a pretty ideal audience for it since idk much about soccer and the schtick is it’s a dumb American football fan/coach thrust into the world of soccer. 
-not knowing much about soccer means there will be less division of belief between what I know sports operations to look like vs what they are portrayed as in film and shows. I’m overly critical of stuff like Every Given Sunday, Replacements, Blue Mountain State etc because they’re just over the top spoofs of the real thing. 
-I think the biggest obstacle will be that it’s an American show doing British humor. British humor is infinitely better to me than the Americanized version will be. Much more natural, less campy. 

Heartbreak High is like a cross between Australian Degrassi + after school special  + M rating + this old movie from like 20 years ago called "Kids in America". It is completely unserious and people act insane, especially the teachers. It's like watching a Saved by the Bell style teacher overreaction when it comes to even putting the class together. 

I will undoubtedly watch season 2 whenever it hits. 

On 1/4/2023 at 9:23 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Has anyone watched longmire?  Need a new show while at work, thinking about picking this one. 

The best way for me to put it is I don't like that genre at all, but I did really like that show a lot.  I forget what was on before it on air, but I started getting into it and finished the whole thing.  Definitely a slow burn, but good storylines.

Finally started Squid Games.. I'm through 4 or 5 episodes now and of course it's great. My only quibble, 

Spoiler

Don't understand how the cop has gotten away with this so far. He should have been spotted pretty easily from the start, and has made several blunders since. (The episode we just finished he discovered his brother was in a previous year's games). But obviously the insight into behind the scenes is crucial to the show, too

My wife says I'll end up disliking the main character more than anyone else by the end.. but so far he's my second favorite, next to Ali. 

The only spoiler I knew going in was that people would start getting killed. That first game would have been shocking if I hadn't known

Also, new year, new season of Battlebots! 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’d say Ted Lasso isn’t great but it must be good cause I watched the whole first season today. I’ll probably be bummed when there’s no more of it 

Ted Lasso is a popular show with audiences and critics but its definitely one that i can firmly say without watching one episode feels like its just not for me