Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

From what I heard regarding Aiyuk, he missed camp.  Not sure why.  

But he's behind, and hasn't worked all that hard to get up to speed.

If all it would take is a late round pick for him, I'm making that move in a heartbeat.  He's got a lot more upside than our bottom of the roster WR's right now.   (Taylor, ESB, whatever the preseason star was who was on the PS)

Aiyuk is buried on the SF depth chart chart because his attitude/work ethic is garbage.  Unless there is some reason to expect that to change by bringing him to GB, I'll pass. 

18 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

He's a gadget guy, and a fragile one at that.  Would he help??  Maybe?, but not worth a draft pick.  If he was cut, I'd look at him in a Amari Rodgers type role.  Is he an upgrade???

He wouldn't help this year, but it would give GB a very talented young player to groom.  He's got a lot more talent in him than ESB or Taylor.

Given we have few WR's even signed for next year, he would be a good one to get into the system now if the compensation piece works.

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He wouldn't help this year, but it would give GB a very talented young player to groom.  He's got a lot more talent in him than ESB or Taylor.

Given we have few WR's even signed for next year, he would be a good one to get into the system now if the compensation piece works.

Can't argue with that, but does this guy need a motivational babysitter?  In a town like Green Bay, you gotta have happy position rooms.  Talent wise yes, but the baggage could override much of that talent.

21 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No, because I think Newman has a chance. He's already pretty good in pass pro. Give him an offseason of NFL conditioning and he may prove to be a real gem. Of course, not all 5th round picks are equal. There are many examples where we whiffed on our 5th round pick, which is not unusual. 

pretty much this, and thats why a 5th is probably "just right" for any potential Cooks deal.

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

pretty much this, and thats why a 5th is probably "just right" for any potential Cooks deal.

Didnt they give up a 6 for Cobb??  Giving up a 5th for Cooks would give the Packers no 5th or 6th round picks next year.  Keep Gute away from the area bridges if that happens.

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Didnt they give up a 6 for Cobb??  Giving up a 5th for Cooks would give the Packers no 5th or 6th round picks next year.  Keep Gute away from the area bridges if that happens.

Comp picks for Linsley and Jamaal would retro fill that a bit.

• Like 3