Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Tperk said:

Think there is any chance we look into swinging a deal with Denver for Kyle Fuller? Sounds like he didn't see much playing time last night and seems to be in the Fangio doghouse so to speak.

As a down payment for a Rodgers deal in 2022, sure why not

18 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Think there is any chance we look into swinging a deal with Denver for Kyle Fuller? Sounds like he didn't see much playing time last night and seems to be in the Fangio doghouse so to speak.

Denver would have to eat like 3-4M of his salary to do it.

DL

Not sure there is a lot of options out there for trade.  Need to find a team trending out of playoff contention that has an older player that also has a cheaper contract.

Here are 2 that might be options.  No idea how decent they are playing currently 

Nick Williams Detroit

Matt Ioannidis Washington 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

DL

Not sure there is a lot of options out there for trade.  Need to find a team trending out of playoff contention that has an older player that also has a cheaper contract.

Here are 2 that might be options.  No idea how decent they are playing currently 

Nick Williams Detroit

Matt Ioannidis Washington 

Tim Settle - Washington

He's a starter for a lot of teams and a free agent after this year. Very cheap and Washington is not going to sign him at the end of this year. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Plus, a WR acquisition would slow down the growth of WR Rodgers 8. 

Adams is a #1 receiver and the rest are 3's, 4's and 5's.   For the right price and it can't be much, another quality wr wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Any WR acquisition is doubtful.   They got Adams, MVS, Cobb and Lazard.   Any WR brought in will require Rodgers 8 month initiation before seeing a ball.

The 8 month thing only applies to the "what the f*** are they even doing on the field" late round draft picks/UDFA's Gute has swamped the depth chart with since he took over. Competent veterans get the ball right away (see Cobb).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Any WR acquisition is doubtful.   They got Adams, MVS, Cobb and Lazard.   Any WR brought in will require Rodgers 8 month initiation before seeing a ball.

I think this is a huge fallacy. That being said, I don't expect move at WR.

Offense just needs to get the OL healthy and figure out why the F Rodgers and (non-Adams) WRs can't hook up on the deep ball like they have in the past...

If we make a trade, then it needs to be for defense, and they need to be making close to minimum because not only do we not have much cap space, we've already back loaded all the contracts, so half of the cap manipulation tricks are gone... and the other half include extending a player or releasing them, which they might not want to do right now (because if you extend in this situation, you usually have to meet their agent's price point or wait).

I think the Packers need CB, Edge and DL the most, but those are also the hardest defensive ones to find quality ones mid-season.

One thing I've thought about is making getting another quality Safety in here to free up Savage to play some of the nickel role which might take some of the burden off the CBs. 

My cheapest option for that is resigning S Raven Greene. Who's talented, but can't stay healthy... Earl Thomas is a FA, but it's unclear if he wants to play, or teams want him. Karl Joseph is on the Steelers PS. And I'm sure there could be some potential trade options around, (I was gonna suggest S Lamarcus Joyner, who's currently currently on a cheap one year deal with the Jets and was on the Rams with Matt LaFleur and Joe Barry, but Joyner tore his triceps and probably done for the season). But usually there are some cheaper lower quality starting Safety signed to short term deals floating around.

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Offense just needs to get the OL healthy and figure out why the F Rodgers and (non-Adams) WRs can't hook up on the deep ball like they have in the past...

If we make a trade, then it needs to be for defense, and they need to be making close to minimum because not only do we not have much cap space, we've already back loaded all the contracts, so half of the cap manipulation tricks are gone... and the other half include extending a player or releasing them, which they might not want to do right now (because if you extend in this situation, you usually have to meet their agent's price point or wait).

I think the Packers need CB, Edge and DL the most, but those are also the hardest defensive ones to find quality ones mid-season.

One thing I've thought about is making getting another quality Safety in here to free up Savage to play some of the nickel role which might take some of the burden off the CBs. 

My cheapest option for that is resigning S Raven Greene. Who's talented, but can't stay healthy... Earl Thomas is a FA, but it's unclear if he wants to play, or teams want him. Karl Joseph is on the Steelers PS. And I'm sure there could be some potential trade options around, (I was gonna suggest S Lamarcus Joyner, who's currently currently on a cheap one year deal with the Jets and was on the Rams with Matt LaFleur and Joe Barry, but Joyner tore his triceps and probably done for the season). But usually there are some cheaper lower quality starting Safety signed to short term deals floating around.

My major gripe here is adding a safety, I agree that we could add to the CB and DL (and edge before bringing in Mercilus).  Henry Black has developed into a player.  He was the best defensive back on the field in preseason.  If you look at the link below, he has played in what I would call significant snaps on defense in all games except against Detroit.  And you know what? You probably didn't even notice that he was in there.  I say let this kid develop.  I believe that Vernon Scott is also healthy now, and we still have Innis Gaines on the PS, who can be elevated, if we think Savage will miss time.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlacHe00.htm

• Like 1

22 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I think this is a huge fallacy. That being said, I don't expect move at WR.

I believe the Packers are happy with their WRs.  MLF is smart enough to keep Cobb, MVS, Lazard and Tonyan in his back pocket. You give those guys a target or two every week.  Get to big games in Dec Jan and boom Tonyan has a huge game or MVS has a huge game.  Holmgren used to do it with Keith Jackson.  Where had this been all season???  In Holmgrens back pocket, waiting for the right game.  Adams is a great WR, but any of those other guys can rise like Cobb did a few weeks ago.  Tonyan hasn't had a big game yet, he will at an important game down the road.  For now, its let the defenses focus on soley on Adams.  MLF will pull his cards out as he sees fit.

Edited by NFLGURU

On 10/23/2021 at 8:30 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

My major gripe here is adding a safety, I agree that we could add to the CB and DL (and edge before bringing in Mercilus).  Henry Black has developed into a player.  He was the best defensive back on the field in preseason.  If you look at the link below, he has played in what I would call significant snaps on defense in all games except against Detroit.  And you know what? You probably didn't even notice that he was in there.  I say let this kid develop.  I believe that Vernon Scott is also healthy now, and we still have Innis Gaines on the PS, who can be elevated, if we think Savage will miss time.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlacHe00.htm

Black is certainly improving, but he didn't play very well today and overall I don't think he's quite ready to be a starter with Savage at Nicole full time.

Well the Eagles are 2-5 and season seems to be done, and one reason Doug Peterson seemed to quit was that he was told to tank that week 17 game to get a better draft pick (which might of gotten them the Dolphins 1st round draft pick, which is currently 2nd overall).

But if they're interested in starting to tank again, they have solid veteran CB Steven Nelson on a cheap one year deal. Also edge rusher Ryan Kerrigan though his PFF rating seems down.

Plus DT Fletcher Cox seems very unhappy with the new defensive scheme not letting the DL be as aggressive... though Packers couldn't even start to consider to handle his salary...

But if the Eagles are willing to take a cap hit (which means a bit higher draft pick) then Packers could handle DT Javon Hargrave's 2021 contract, but would probably have to release, extended or trade him as we can't handle his current 2022 amount.

But a steady veteran hand like CB  Steven Nelson and someone to take better advantage of one on ones when they're staring at Clark like DT Javon Hargrave might do this defense a hell lot of good...