Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Interesting timing...

If he didn't leave on bad terms or depending how the team felt about his suspension, I would definitely like to bring Sternberger back. I thought he flashed a little in the preseason and would be a guy who could attack the seam some to replace Tonyan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victor1124 said:

If he didn't leave on bad terms or depending how the team felt about his suspension, I would definitely like to bring Sternberger back. I thought he flashed a little in the preseason and would be a guy who could attack the seam some to replace Tonyan. 

This would seem to be the place with the greatest opportunity for him. All ego aside, he should recognize this. Now if the team is not willing to bring him back, so be it but he’s still young enough to develop and knows our system as well as anyone. 

NFL trade deadline needs to be moved back about 3 weeks.  Too many teams can still be " in contention" after 8 weeks, so less sellers relative to buyers.  

If the NFL wants more buzz around the trade deadline they should make the move to a later date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Well, Josiah Deguara it is at TE. Needs to fill Tonyan's shoes. We spent a 3rd round pick on the guy so might as well see if he can handle a bigger role. 

Deguara seems more explosive and is better after the catch and can't say for sure, but would think he is a better blocker than Tonyan? The biggest issue would be knowing the playbook and losing a little bit of height in certain situations. Losing Tonyan sucks but think Deguara will be alright and like you said, the guy was a 3rd round pick so see what he can do with more reps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Deguara seems more explosive and is better after the catch and can't say for sure, but would think he is a better blocker than Tonyan? The biggest issue would be knowing the playbook and losing a little bit of height in certain situations. Losing Tonyan sucks but think Deguara will be alright and like you said, the guy was a 3rd round pick so see what he can do with more reps.

Deguara's biggest issue seems to be that he's not very good at football.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

NFL trade deadline needs to be moved back about 3 weeks.  Too many teams can still be " in contention" after 8 weeks, so less sellers relative to buyers.  

If the NFL wants more buzz around the trade deadline they should make the move to a later date.

I suspect they don't want more obvious tanking moves, even at the expense of headlines.

• Like 1