Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

It really depends on which Cards team shows up.  They had trouble getting out the gate today, but obviously they got the awful Texans who have no offense with Davis Mills.  That in and of itself should be automatically a W.

Now, our own small play grinding offense could be either an asset or a liability.  If the Cards are off their game like early in this one or like they were against SF, our run game coupled with the high percentage pass plays with efficiency could be just what we need to give us a chance to win.  Bad news is if we're giving up big plays vertically which could be problematic vs Kirk, Green and Hopkins, well that opens up the door for the Cards to bring in that whole blitz game they got going and which LaFleur does not handle well when it turns into a firefight.

On the one hand, our record against these guys as of late, especially in AZ has not been good.  And we gotta travel out there on a short week.

On the other hand, I'd say yes these guys can be had and will not go undefeated.  And at some point we'll give them the long awaited loss we owe them after 2009, 2015 and 2018.  But will it come on Thursday?  Just not so sure about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. An actual good QB, time for a reminder that this is the Packers defense. Short week, road game to boot.

Everyone who got a little excited about 14 points followed by 10 points is going to get a reminder why and how the Packers end seasons in the top half in points allowed. Actual quarterbacks shred them, Heinekes don’t.

47-27 Cardinals dismantle our defense.

And when this doesnt happen, you’ll be impossible to find on here. It’s like you haven’t watched this defense this year. Top defense for a reason. It’s like holding a Bengals team who just up 41 in Baltimore with all their weapons, on the road and dinged up, to 22 points in a win didnt happen a few weeks back.

That game also is a comfortable win if Crosby didnt forget how to kick a football for a little while. What a miserable person you must be.

Edited by PackFiend

20 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

And when this doesnt happen, you’ll be impossible to find on here. It’s like you haven’t watched this defense this year. Top defense for a reason. It’s like holding a Bengals team who just up 41 in Baltimore with all their weapons, on the road and dinged up, to 22 points in a win didnt happen a few weeks back.

That game also is a comfortable win if Crosby didnt forget how to kick a football for a little while. What a miserable person you must be.

If you read anything in his posts as sincere you're doing it wrong, FYI. 

I just feel bad you're stressed out about it, but he's doing this on purpose as a reverse jinx all season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If you read anything in his posts as sincere you're doing it wrong, FYI. 

I just feel bad you're stressed out about it, but he's doing this on purpose as a reverse jinx all season.

If only that were true. He's just waiting to be right once out of 100 times so he can follow it up with a "I've been telling you guys for years" post

• Like 1

Story of our last six games has been defense.

QBs we've faced last six weeks: Goff, Jimmy G, Burrow, Big Ben, Fields, Heineken. Could argue that of those six, Burrow and the Bungals are the only "good" offense.  

Next five weeks: Kyler, Mahomes, Wilson (probably), Cousins, Stafford. 

Can't count on the same results on D these next 5 against better offenses. Our offense needs to get in sync and close out these drives with redzone TDs. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

The last time the Packers played the Cardinals, GB lost to the Josh Rosen led Cardinals. The loss ended MM's tenure in GB.

The last time the Packers traveled to Arizona was in 2016, the OT playoff loss. 

The Packers haven't beaten the Cardinals, in Arizona, since the 2009 season. (The week before the OT playoff loss to Kurt Warner.)

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

This is a game Rodgers was made for.  Prime time and going to AZ for the undefeated Cards.   AZ is going to score and Rodgers is going to answer.  Prepare for pinball machine scoring.  

Have me that 2012 game vs Texans… Prime time game. Texans are undefeated and we went right into their house and arod throw for 5 TD’s. 

What a game..

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gotta say I really like what I've seen from Rasul Douglas so far. If we get King and Preston back for Thursday night, I like what we'll have going. Arizona has minimal run game, Kyler has been banged up the last few weeks.

I could see Edmonds giving GB real problems as a dual threat RB.

Edited by Mazrimiv

10 minutes ago, dust247 said:

The last time the Packers played the Cardinals, GB lost to the Josh Rosen led Cardinals. The loss ended MM's tenure in GB.

The Packers haven't beaten the Cardinals, in Arizona, since the 2009 season. (The week before the OT playoff loss to Kurt Warner.)

dust, destroyer of dreams

16 minutes ago, dust247 said:

So they're due for a win there!

• Like 2

Just now, HokieHigh said:

dust, destroyer of dreams

I was just surprised to see how much the Cardinals have owned the Pack over the last decade. 

I believe Rodgers can get the offense going Thursday, it'll just depend on if this defense can get a few key stops. Hopefully Preston comes back and can help Gary get after Murray. 

I wonder if Jaylon will be used as a spy to contain Murray.