Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Cam Ward is going to be a significant shoe to drop. He's a supremely talented QB. Has some mechanical issues to clean up, but he'll be on NFL radars. I'm surprised Harrison Bailey hasn't gotten a lot of interest. Felt like he showed some potential as a true freshman. 

Ward to Wazzu as was mentioned above. Thought he'd go somewhere a little more high profile but I guess it fits. Not quite Leach's Wazzu but he'll get to throw quite a bit regardless.

I really want Wisconsin to go after Bailey but I feel like Chryst is going to sit on what we have. I really have no idea why we aren't going hard in the portal after another RB since our depth is **** there. It's Allen and a bunch of injury prone or unproven guys.

Word to the wise Isaiah Foskey and Jarrett Patterson are both returning to Notre Dame next year.  Combine that with clearly Mayer at TE and Brandon Joseph the transfer and they got 3 guys who could be top 15 picks in the draft next year, Patterson possibly late 1st or 2nd round.  And rotational DL Jayson Ademilola is returning as well along with OL Josh Lugg and safety Houston Griffith.   

Harry Hiestand long time OL coach is coming back as well.   He was the Notre Dame OL coach from 2012-2017 and before and after that was with the Bears in the NFL as their OL coach but was not in the NFL or coaching the past few years.  

Pretty impressive showing for a team that played pretty poorly in that bowl game.  Speaks very well to Marcus Freeman himself, so good start will see if they can perform on the field.  Oh and apparently have a top 10 recruiting class as well.  

• Like 1

Harlon Hill (DII Heisman) recipient Tyson Bagent, from Shepherd (WV) has also entered his name in the portal.  Sounds like he wants a D1 shot, if it's the right situation.  6'3" 215lb, with two years of eligibility remaining.  Could be an interesting get for somebody. 

14 hours ago, catcheryea said:

there are auburn fans debating if the caleb williams nil price tag is too high to take him on the team like there's a salary cap to this ****

They think that they're still going to get him for that Cam money when Quinn Ewers just went for 7 figures and hasn't thrown a pass yet.