Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

On 1/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, Danger said:

Penn State running back Noah Cain entered the transfer portal. Was the starting guy in 2020 before getting injured. Was the starter before entering this year, but ultimately was outperformed and replaced by Keyvone Lee who is a year younger.

Going to LSU

On 1/11/2022 at 10:17 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It sounds all bad but Drew Sanders who is a good player left because with Dallas Turner on the team Sanders will clearly not play unless there is an injury.  Paul Tyson transferred because Jalen Milroe clearly is probably going to be #2 on the depth charter.  Tommy Brown is most likely not going to play with Latham, Knight and George then the two Brockermeyers at tackle and inside with Cohen back and Ekiyor and McLaughlin at center and maybe Dalcourt will move to guard.  Billingsley was just flat bad this year and Latu greatly outplayed him.  King Mwikuta I do not even know anything about that guy.

Real interesting thing will be what WR transfer to Alabama.  Not that many good ones in the portal as of right now who have not already decided on which school they are going to.  Hall has talent at WR for them probably the most of any despite not having a great season and Brooks but obviously is going to be pretty light at the position  unless they bring in some more guys.  I guess Bolden will be back and Earle back from injury who has promise.  

Holden and Baker I have never been real impressed with but maybe they will improve.  

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It sounds all bad but Drew Sanders who is a good player left because with Dallas Turner on the team Sanders will clearly not play unless there is an injury.  Paul Tyson transferred because Jalen Milroe clearly is probably going to be #2 on the depth charter.  Tommy Brown is most likely not going to play with Latham, Knight and George then the two Brockermeyers at tackle and inside with Cohen back and Ekiyor and McLaughlin at center and maybe Dalcourt will move to guard.  Billingsley was just flat bad this year and Latu greatly outplayed him.  King Mwikuta I do not even know anything about that guy.

Real interesting thing will be what WR transfer to Alabama.  Not that many good ones in the portal as of right now who have not already decided on which school they are going to.  Hall has talent at WR for them probably the most of any despite not having a great season and Brooks but obviously is going to be pretty light at the position  unless they bring in some more guys.  I guess Bolden will be back and Earle back from injury who has promise.  

Holden and Baker I have never been real impressed with but maybe they will improve.  

Yeah those Bama WRs definitely showed they're young once Metchie (who I feel is overrated anyway) and Williams went out. I honestly don't think Bama ever gets to the NC if Williams isn't on the team. I do think they're going to target another WR in the portal as well.

I read earlier that 4 more players have joined them and it's now up to 11 that are transferring.

15 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah those Bama WRs definitely showed they're young once Metchie (who I feel is overrated anyway) and Williams went out. I honestly don't think Bama ever gets to the NC if Williams isn't on the team. I do think they're going to target another WR in the portal as well.

I read earlier that 4 more players have joined them and it's now up to 11 that are transferring.

Clearly there is talk because many hate how dominant Alabama is and try to pretend that guys entering the portal means they are on the decline. 

Fact is they have three of the potential top 10 picks in next years draft 2023 on the team and one could argue Will Anderson and Bryce Young will go #1 and #2 overall so yeah they are not on the decline.  Oh and getting the best pure CB prospect to transfer in with Eli Ricks helps a ton of course if he can stay healthy.

As for these 11?  I did not see that but looking what it is Jalen Moody LB and Brylan Lanier CB?  Yeah not sure that is a big loss, sure Moody would have been nice if he stuck around or got his chance this year but that ended once To'oTo'o transferred in.  "QB Stone Hollenbach, QB Braxton Barker, DB Clark Griffin and TE Colin Bryant", those apparently are others but I have not seen it in the portal yet, still like anyone even knows who any of those dudes even are.  

Kind of like Georgia, Brini transferred and so did Speed, so what they sucked anyway especially Brini.  Apparently the highest rated guys in the 2022 recruiting class for them are all DBs, and Tykee Smith I assume will be back healthy next year and he is a great safety prospect and Ringo can clearly play as well at CB.