I present to you, the worst draft of all-time

RaidersAreOne

On 5/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Will Ruggs ever play again?

According to Wikipedia, he is still awaiting trial.  

From the first google result on Nevada DUI:

The charge for DUI causing substantial bodily harm or death is a category “B” Felony, which is the second most severe level of Felony in Nevada law. In this instance, such a crime is punishable by imprisonment in Nevada State Prison system for a minimum term of 2 years and a maximum term 20 years.

I would say that it is doubtful.  Even a 2 year sentence, given out today, keeps him from 3 seasons of football.  Of course, that is assuming that he gets a guilty verdict.  I won't pretend to know enough facts to pass a judgement myself.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 12:24 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

just pains me that Mayock was in charge of this draft

not sure how much Gruden influence there is here

honestly doesnt matter tbh

I mean lets be real, Gruden was the de facto GM of the Raiders.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Mayock is considered for a job again in the FO, you just have to present the organization with this specific draft class to refute any chance of that.

Perhaps, but he was not the one pulling the strings on final decision on draft picks. He did a decent job most years in the mid rounds, he was a big Maxx Crosby guy. He took a weird GM job that gave him 49% power on decisions. 

Am I absolving Mayock of all blame? No. I would quit before I allowed Gruden to pick Leatherwood in the 1st round. 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, BayRaider said:

Perhaps, but he was not the one pulling the strings on final decision on draft picks. He did a decent job most years in the mid rounds, he was a big Maxx Crosby guy. He took a weird GM job that gave him 49% power on decisions. 

Am I absolving Mayock of all blame? No. I would quit before I allowed Gruden to pick Leatherwood in the 1st round. 

“At the end of the day, people act like the thought wouldn’t occur to me to trade down and still get Cle(lin),” Mayock said via Sports Illustrated. “He was our guy, OK? And whether we got him at 4, 8, 10, it didn’t matter. He was gonna be our guy.”

I asked Mayock if there had been anything in Arnette’s profile in the draft process that was of concern. He spoke candidly.

“Yeah, there was significant concern. And most of the teams around the league were very aware of it,” Mayock replied. “

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:08 PM, Bolts223 said:

This is obviously really bad. 

But some team's 2013 draft class must be comparably bad right?

7 picks in the first 4 rounds in a draft, and two full seasons later all the Raiders have to show from it is a backup Guard.

That’s serious bottom of the barrel drafting.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Mayock is considered for a job again in the FO, you just have to present the organization with this specific draft class to refute any chance of that.

And that's not even taking his FA signings into consideration either.