Former HC Jon Gruden suing NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell

RaidersAreOne

Two things are likely true in this situation: Jon Gruden sucks and is far from a sympathetic figure, and his lawsuit most likely has a lot of merit and he was specifically targeted as a sacrificial lamb. Whether it was a big brain plan around trying to deflect blame away from Snyder or just something petty about him talking crap about Goodell I don't know, but it's just abundantly clear that a league that clearly knows how to cover things up when they want decided to throw Gruden overboard in a deliberate fashion. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

lol ok.

I don’t rate them at all.  I just wanna see the emails. Eff assumptions.

Yeah, I know this is hard to believe but I'd have imagined that if someone was a real racist POS in a very multicultural enviorment I would have expected this to have been an issue way, way before now. But I have a feeling you're climbing on your high horse of moral superiority so I understand if life is completely black and white from your perspective. Too me Chucky always seemed to be that one friend that you'd have a beer with that would suddenly claim the wildest nonsence and you'd kind of nodd while not really listening because in the end of the day everyone knows he's still a good dude who would help you out in times of need. Does that make him right? Hell no. Does that mean he's satan himself? once again no. The truth is often a lot more in the middle then most people are used to.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re gonna confuse em.

About as confused you seem to be since you're unable to multiquote in one post I guess?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Yeah, I know this is hard to believe but I'd have imagined that if someone was a real racist POS in a very multicultural enviorment I would have expected this to have been an issue way, way before now. But I have a feeling you're climbing on your high horse of moral superiority so I understand if life is completely black and white from your perspective.

Oh oh cool.

Too me Chucky always seemed to be that one friend that you'd have a beer with that would suddenly claim the wildest nonsence and you'd kind of nodd while not really listening because in the end of the day everyone knows he's still a good dude who would help you out in times of need. Does that make him right? Hell no. Does that mean he's satan himself? once again no. The truth is often a lot more in the middle then most people are used to.

Well, since you know him and all…

About as confused you seem to be since you're unable to multiquote in one post I guess?

Stop effin up to and too before you call me an idiot chief.

8 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Two things are likely true in this situation: Jon Gruden sucks and is far from a sympathetic figure, and his lawsuit most likely has a lot of merit and he was specifically targeted as a sacrificial lamb. Whether it was a big brain plan around trying to deflect blame away from Snyder or just something petty about him talking crap about Goodell I don't know, but it's just abundantly clear that a league that clearly knows how to cover things up when they want decided to throw Gruden overboard in a deliberate fashion. 

Snyder's not going to escape the fallout from this. Those folks stating otherwise are just flat-out wrong. Pictures of naked cheerleaders? It just...NO. Snyder doesn't emerge from this unscathed. Just what happens to him remains to be seen, though. 

But Gruden's lawsuit has absolutely NO merit to it at all, and I'd be stunned if it actually is even taken up by a court. He's alleging some sort of conspiracy to destroy his career, and as far as everyone knows, he has absolutely no proof of such a thing occurring. 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Getting ****canned for sending offensive emails that make your multi-billion dollar company look bad isn’t cancel culture, it’s the free market at work baby!!!!

Not saying your wrong cuse your not but..... your not right either. There is no one right in this prossess, he's just the fall man to the muti million dollor bissness that sure jumped on that cancle  culture quick. I garontee the higher up's of that "buissness" dont have clean hands at all. Just crossed there pee's and Quu's better obviously.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Not saying your wrong cuse your not but..... your not right either. There is no one right in this prossess, he's just the fall man to the muti million dollor bissness that sure jumped on that cancle  culture quick.

You keep chalking it up to cancel culture when you could just say “he got fired for being uniformly offensive in the workplace” … plenty of people across the world get fired every day for saying something offensive to a coworker, boss, customer or client. It’s not cancel culture, it’s consequences for doing things your boss doesn’t like, sometimes even just by proxy

Colin Kaepernick is a better example of cancel culture if we really want to rail against it.

I remember all those people who decided they were going to boycott the NFL if players weren’t forced to stand for the anthem. They were enacting their own version of cancel culture, and funny enough, they probably have a good population overlap with the folks who are first to claim “cancel culture” when it’s one of them who is under fire.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Dome said:

Holy straw man 

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh oh cool.

Well, since you know him and all…

Stop effin up to and too before you call me an idiot chief.

I'm sorry that my lack of privilage when it comes to the mastery of the english language offended you. That said, I do not appriciate the racial slurs. I have no relationship to the 'new world',so calling me chief is implying that I would be a cultural appropriator, which I'm not. Also I would have you know that calling someone a strawman is very offensive in my region since a lack of straw caused by wildfires was the main culprit of a famine in 1302 that decimated my native region.

20 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Not saying your wrong cuse your not but..... your not right either. There is no one right in this prossess, he's just the fall man to the muti million dollor bissness that sure jumped on that cancle  culture quick. I garontee the higher up's of that "buissness" dont have clean hands at all. Just crossed there pee's and Quu's better obviously.

This is my non football related post of the year so far. I mean this has layers upon layers and I'm way too drunk (did I do too right?) to decide of it is a parody post or serious.

Also I'm dropping this debate since it isn't football related at this point. If anyone feels the need to get their parting shots in go ahead.

Edited by DutchFalcon

7 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Also I would have you know that calling someone a strawman is very offensive in my region since a lack of straw caused by wildfires was the main culprit of a famine in 1302 that decimated my native region.

Straw man is the argument you created so you could tear it down. I wasn’t calling anyone a straw man.

Got a link to the history info though? Been getting into a lot of ancient history lately and would like some bedtime reading, and I have never heard it being offensive when directed at someone and would like to educate myself.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Spoiler

For the record, I agree.

44 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpDSyzaZKVvrENZAXqfbL

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I want them to look into the media collusion too. Yeah. The e-mails were bad(not all of them but that’s a different conversation). But Randy Moss and that cohost crying like imbeciles was some of the cringiest fake **** I’ve ever seen.

They were probably told to. 

5 hours ago, Dome said:

You keep chalking it up to cancel culture when you could just say “he got fired for being uniformly offensive in the workplace” … plenty of people across the world get fired every day for saying something offensive to a coworker, boss, customer or client. It’s not cancel culture, it’s consequences for doing things your boss doesn’t like, sometimes even just by proxy

Colin Kaepernick is a better example of cancel culture if we really want to rail against it.

I remember all those people who decided they were going to boycott the NFL if players weren’t forced to stand for the anthem. They were enacting their own version of cancel culture, and funny enough, they probably have a good population overlap with the folks who are first to claim “cancel culture” when it’s one of them who is under fire.

…ten years ago. He didn’t fired for “being offensive”, he quit after potentially offensive content was deliberately leaked to make him look bad and turn a slightly hysterical public mood against him.

It was not about virtue, it was about the perception of virtue, which is not the same thing, and that’s what ticks people off. Nobody had an issue with it until it became politically convenient to use it.

Kaepernick didn’t get cancelled, he got cut for being a cruddy QB who wasn’t worth the hassle, then got a huge endorsement deal from Nike and Netflix documentaries made about his life. He managed to parlay his suckiness into a profitable victim story. Other players who knelt are still playing.

• Like 7