2021 GDT Week #12 Steelers Vs. Bengals

Steeler Hitman

I'm at work..not even watching .I just see the score. My focus is the team and the OC and DC play calling.... Injuries happen...it's not an excuse. We use to be the best at next man up..we really need to find better talent. I understand some people are young and learning. All teams deal with this...we are under performing...we have had complaints with the offense coordinator for over a decade...we need a coordinator that's going to play to the strengths of our team personell ....wr screens and rpo does not fit our personell... Deep throws to ball hawking fast WRs and TEs ...two TE formation and running the ball fits us more... Ben is not okay also. I can't see him turning it around ever. 

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

Coaches typically get credit for coaching trees because they play a part in developing them.

What youre speaking of is more teams copying the Rooneys success with hiring coaches than it has to do with Tomlin.   The majority of Tomlins major successes was with a roster he didnt build and already established coaches.

Which is fair, I just don’t see it’s importance in being a good coach. Tomlin/Colbert/Rooney tend to go for more established positional coaches than young up and comers. 

I saw it put best by a former GM once: Coaching trees only happen because some team wants to copy the success of another team. Year in and year out there’s “hotter” coaches in terms of “we wanna do that” than Tomlin. Hence why Shanahan and McVay have coaching trees. 

• Like 1

My mock draft: 

1. CB Andrew Booth Jr. Clemson

2. ILB Christian Harris Alabama

3a. OT Abraham Lucas Washington State

3b. OG Marquis Hayes Oklahoma

6. WR Charleston Rambo Miami

7a. NT Chris Hinton Michigan

7b. Safety Delarrin Turner-Yell Oklahoma

11 minutes ago, DR43 said:

My mock draft: 

1. CB Andrew Booth Jr. Clemson

2. ILB Christian Harris Alabama

3a. OT Abraham Lucas Washington State

3b. OG Marquis Hayes Oklahoma

6. WR Charleston Rambo Miami

7a. NT Chris Hinton Michigan

7b. Safety Delarrin Turner-Yell Oklahoma

At this rate, the Steelers aren’t going to get a 3rd for Dupree.

Zof course anything can happen but I’d rather not use 2 middle rounds picks again on the OL...rather fill out some depth at RB/WR/TE.

Edited by AFF

23 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Trenches. Gotta get picks AND rebuild its trenches. 
This team is gonna continue to get bullied until they have a competent oline, and a ferocious middle of a front 7. 

This...nothing will matter unless the trenches are upgraded come this offseason.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AFF said:

This...nothing will matter unless the trenches are upgraded come this offseason.

Wondering if Tuitt ever comes back.   Shouldnt be this year.   Just keep him out.

Loudermilk is the only backup DLineman Id keep.   We need better depth...but it might have to wait.

OLine needs at least two decent vets and a draft pick.

Crazy how fast our OLine fell apart.  Not easy to deal with.  

We need Munch back in the worst way.

Edited by 43M

They won't do it because of his legacy, but man do the Steelers need to bench Roethlisberger. The throw on that out route that went for a pick 6 right before half was just brutally weak.  They could have 6 games to see what they have in either Haskins or Rudolph, but they won't because of super bowls won over a decade ago. I'm sure there is something Roethlisberger needs surgery on that they could exaggerate and let him bow out now and collect his checks for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Wondering if Tuitt ever comes back.   Shouldnt be this year.   Just keep him out.

Loudermilk is the only backup DLineman Id keep.   We need better depth...but it might have to wait.

OLine needs at least two decent vets and a draft pick.

Crazy how fast our OLine fell apart.  Not easy to deal with.  

We need Munch back in the worst way.

Tuitt woulda been a prime cut guy this offseason but then they restructured him...think they’ll save $4 mill but eat $9 mill if they do...they have to figure what they’re going to do with him next year.

Wormley and Alaula are both guys that  save roughly $2.5 mill against cap if cut...they won’t totally bulldoze everything on the DL but they have options.

On the OL, keep throwing Moore and Green out there...Cutting Banner abd Haeg would save $5mill and $2.5 mill respectively if they went that route.

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Unless they have a replacement for Alualu, I would keep him.

I’m just stating all options but it also depends on his availability for next year at 34(I think)...I would also think they keep him if he’s on track come March.