Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

So we can definitely put a lid on the Joe Brady HC hype train it appears. Carolina's offense is doodoo, Darnold or Cam

Honestly, I wouldn't go that far. I think that he would still offer a lot of intrigue to a team that has a young QB that they don't want to break. The bears may very well at least kick the tires, and probably should, tbh. The chances he actually lands a job are probably much lower than they appeared last year, but I think that people will still check him out. 

Just now, Tk3 said:

I actually don't think I agree with this.. This team has too much talent to feel like a full blow up is necessary

I wouldn't part with Heyward, Minkah, or Bush

I love Heyward, but keeping him around is pointless.   Id like to see him go to a team that can compete while he can still play.

Minkah....meh.   Id keep him...only for the right price.   Not nearly as good as advertised.

Bush is legit one of the worst linebackers in the league this year.

Just now, Tk3 said:

You'll have cap room and a middle-ish pick. Spend the cap on fixing the OL, and maybe grab a defensive back or two.

There arent going to be many quality OL available in FAs.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Draft a QB and give him a "Mac Jones" type of situation. Maybe a Kenny Pickett or Desmond Ritter?

Yuck.

Just now, Tk3 said:

But like.. this team doesn't need to blow up. You need to improve your line and QB first and foremost, but this team is probably the easiest fix in the NFL of the (what I expect to be) non playoff teams

I strongly disagree.

The issues run deeper than you think.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I'm extremely confident that Barkley will eventually get to a new team and have a serious revival. This is a team problem more than its a him problem. They've sabotaged his entire career

#freesaquon

Thing is, when I watch Saquon in the open field he still doesn't look good. Combined with his injuries and combined with the team, I think he's a total bust. He might go to a new team eventually and be a little better, but the guy just doesn't look good in any phase of the game.

Dak and Wentz each played Seattle in the playoffs.

Wentz got a cheap shot hit to the head and bounce off the turf.

Dak had Pete Carroll call run into the line all day on offense. (21 carries for 59 yards)

I'm not sure that 1 playoff win difference makes Dak great and Wentz bad.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He's slightly worse than Dak Prescott with a sample size of 2017-now. (96.9 rating for Dak to 93.1 Wentz)

They both played 63 games. Wentz has more pass attempts.

35-28 Dak and 34-28-1 Wentz.

If Dak is the 11th best QB since 2017 then Wentz is 12th or 13th.

If Dak is 6 then Wentz is probably 8.

Anything else is just spin.

I mean, you can take Wentz in the top 10 if you want.