Week 13 GDT: WFT (5-6) at Raiders (6-5)

NYRaider

Winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • WFT

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Raiders had 10 days to get ready, WFT has 6 days and has to travel to LV. Big advantage for the Raiders.

The Giants came off 6 days as well while we came off 14 days and they smashed us. That game was not as close as the score indicates. 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as I like the defense, Crosby and Ngakoue need to really get pressure and smoke this WFT OL. That will be the difference. They are getting pressure, but they need to get some strip sacks.

Washington oline has protected pretty good this year. They are also running the ball more now. 

Edited by dante9876

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The Giants came off 6 days as well while we came off 14 days and they smashed us. That game was not as close as the score indicates. 

we moved the ball up and down the field, and despite the TOs we were in it till our last possession. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

we win and were right back in it. we SHOULD win this one, but you know how that goes. i think it comes down to who establishes the run, if we can stay a head of the chains with the run game, i dont hate our chances. 

Washington is a pass funnel defense I think it’s going to be on Carr to have a big game. 

31 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Washington is a pass funnel defense I think it’s going to be on Carr to have a big game. 

Read we were 3-13 on 3rd down we need to be about 50% or better on 3rd. Carr needs more tds a couple of missed fgs vs dall and our season would’ve been over. 

This game will go as Carr goes. If he's locked in, he can be the best on any Sunday. I've never seen a QB with such obvious body language. You can sense early on what kind of game it's going to be for him. Getting him off to a good start and confident is paramount to the Raiders success lately. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Read we were 3-13 on 3rd down we need to be about 50% or better on 3rd. Carr needs more tds a couple of missed fgs vs dall and our season would’ve been over. 

1st - 3rd and 8 - Carr saked - NO GOOD
2nd - 3rd and 10 - DPI penalty - GOOD
3rd - 3rd and 8 - Edwards complete for 12 yards - GOOD
4th - 3rd and 6 - DPI - GOOD
5th - 3rd and 7 - DPI - GOOD
6th - 3rd and 10 - Zay jones for 12 yards - GOOD
7th - 3rd and 4(4yard line) - NO GOOD - had our TE open too was bad throw
8th - 3rd and 18 - pass to Hunter for 13 - No Good.
9th - 3rd and 1 - Jacobs run for -4 - NO GOOD
10th - 3rd and 11 - Derek Carr run for 22 yards - GOOD
11th - 3rd and 8 - DPI - GOOD
12th - 3rd and 6- pass for 6 yards - no good
13th - 3rd and 15 - pass incomplete to Moreau - No Good
14th - 3rd and 16 - pass for 12 yards - No Good
15th - 3rd and 12 - incomplete no good
16th - 3rd and 3 - pass incomplete no good
17th - 3rd and 18 - DPI good
18th - 3rd and 6 - Kenyan drake run for 4 (in OT and FG range)

-
Our average 3rd down was 3rd and 9.2 - you are out of your mind if you think Carr is going to get 50% on 3rd down from that long LOL.
KC leads the league in 3rd down percent at 51% - I guarantee you they do not average 9+ yards

Also, we rarely get the calls, but it amazing how much easier the game is when calls go your way. haha. 
Bolded are the 3, 3rd down failed attempts you can blame Carr on IMO. 
All the others were way too long. 

Now dont get me wrong, Carr is to blame as to why we are in those 3rd and longs. But so is our rushing game, and Oline, and play calling. 

Carr doesnt need more TDs, the Raiders need more TDs, I dont care if Jacobs has 40tds on a season and Carr none. I just want to win. 
Mariotta needs redzone touches. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We're at 34% on the season. It's not only Carr but it's also Carr.

haha 100% we need to improve from 34%

But to say we need to be at or above 50% or 3rd down Conversions, when this year only KC and Buff are there (51.52% and 50%) and last year only GB was (50.97%) seems a little silly to me. 
Not only are those Os built with way more talent, and all 3 QBs clearly better then Carr. . . I would bet they are also in way more manageable 3rd downs then us too. 

Again some of it is on Carr why we are always in those 3rd and longs, but running for 1 and 2 yards on first and second down doesnt help.
If we get to 40% we would be league average. Lets start with asking for that before pushing for best in league. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1