How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

On 11/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, 808 said:

I know he won't win it because his name isn't sexy enough nationwide, but Derek Barnett stacks up near the rest of the NFL DROY candidates. 

giphy.gif

4.5 sacks 

1 FF 

1 FR 

1 FG block

Derek Barnett is a solid 10-year starter right there.

I'm happy for his success.  He seems like a good guy.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, 808 said:

I know he won't win it because his name isn't sexy enough nationwide, but Derek Barnett stacks up near the rest of the NFL DROY candidates. 

giphy.gif

4.5 sacks 

1 FF 

1 FR 

1 FG block

DPQH2UHW4AEDm8n.jpg

As long as Lattimore doesn't miss much time with his ankle injury, he has DROY locked down by a large margin

Just now, hsfolk said:

Alvin Kamara caught 6-of-6 targets for 101 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 12 loss to the Rams, adding five carries for 87 yards and an additional score.

His first run was a 74 yard TD and he got just 4 more carries after that. I’m livid with Payton, why do you keep a guy like Kamara on the bench when he’s playing like he is?!?!?!

13 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

His first run was a 74 yard TD and he got just 4 more carries after that. I’m livid with Payton, why do you keep a guy like Kamara on the bench when he’s playing like he is?!?!?!

He's taking the Andy Reid approach to confuse the opponent.

22 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Honestly one of the most frustrating games I've watched. I expected the secondary to look like crap tonight because of the injuries, so that didn't bother me much. However having a guy like Kamara being the best player on the field tonight, but not using him was inexcusable. He had 1 touch in the 3rd quarter...let that sink in 1 touch after making several big plays in the first half. He starts getting touches again in the 4th quarter and oddly enough we move the ball and score multiple times in the 4th quarter. Very poor gameplan

Just now, tyler735 said:

Honestly one of the most frustrating games I've watched. I expected the secondary to look like crap tonight because of the injuries, so that didn't bother me much. However having a guy like Kamara being the best player on the field tonight, but not using him was inexcusable. He had 1 touch in the 3rd quarter...let that sink in 1 touch after making several big plays in the first half. He starts getting touches again in the 4th quarter and oddly enough we move the ball and score multiple times in the 4th quarter. Very poor gameplan

This is why I’m fine moving on from Payton, regardless of this years turnaround. Hand this young talented team to a new coach and watch the magic happen. Payton is stale.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

This is why I’m fine moving on from Payton, regardless of this years turnaround. Hand this young talented team to a new coach and watch the magic happen. Payton is stale.

If you do that, I hope that you hire Gus Bradley :)

Just now, Forge said:

If you do that, I hope that you hire Gus Bradley :)

NO!

i mean it’ll never happen, but I don’t think Payton is special. He can scheme a special offense for sure, but his execution and some other more minor facets of his way of doing things really hold him back.

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Odds are that you end up with a worse coach.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Odds are that you end up with a worse coach.

Most likely. But if a worse coach understands having your best offensive weapon on the bench in a hugely important game is a bad idea, maybe the worse coach comes out with better results. 

Paytons genius is his biggest undoing.

Archived