What is the worst starting QB, HB, W combo your team has put out for more than a few games?

Kiwibrown

Deshone Kizer threw a beautiful spiral to the opposition. By all accounts a pretty good dude. He called himself a Cam Newton type of guy, when he was a lot closer too Jamarcus russel in terms of his ability to see the field.

Isaiah Crowell, good runningback that should have gone top 4 rounds of the draft, but his sparkling personality and lack of character drove him down to be a UDFA. had vision, a bit of burst and had the odd big game for the Browns.

Corey Coleman, had a few moments of explosiveness, but he made Crowell look like a boy scout. His posse nearly had a dude run over after they knocked him out layed him out near a speed bump.Coleman dropped a pass in 2017 that sealed the deal on a 0-16 season. It was a decent ball from Kizer on 4th and short, he was wide open, but heard foot steps of a safety who rocked him earlier in the year.

For the Titans, let’s take it back to 2015. Mariota got hurt for few games, so we had stretches where Zach Mettenberger was our starting QB, Antonio Andrews was our starting RB and some combination of Kendall Wright/Harry Douglas/Dorial Green-Beckham was our starting WRs. 2014 wasn’t much better with Mettenberger and Bishop Sankey at RB but we did have Nate Washington who still had a little left in the tank and Kendall Wright who hadn’t yet fell off a cliff, performance wise.

None of the guys above played past 2017. We also went 5-27 in that two year stretch. Fun times….

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

The 1990 Patriots were quite the disaster.

At QB we rotated between a completey washed up and broken down Steve Grogan and some dudes named Tommy Hodson (third round rookie) and Marc Wilson.

Leading rusher was John Stephens with a whopping 808 yards.

Irving Fryar was a pretty good WR and led the team with 856 yards. Who was the runner up? Some guy named Hart Lee Dykes.

Mind you this is 1990. We're a full 5 yesrs before the Krafts took over with Parcells and Bledsoe.

Edited by biggie.

For the Vikings, I'd have to say that 2005 was pretty bad.  After the infamous "Love Boat" saga, Daunte followed up a great 2004 season with an absolutely brutal performance in 2005 that was bad enough to have him pack his bags and take another trip, this time to a new team in Miami. 

Daunte's supporting cast didn't give him much help, however.  This was his first year without the services of Randy Moss, and with the services of Troy "Butterfingers" Williamson.

Nate Burleson was also on the roster, but didn't add much as their #1 wide receiver.

The Vikings also brought in WR Koren Robinson, but he continued to have problems with alcohol off the field.

The running back corps was made up of Moe Williams and Ciatrick Faison.

About the only bright spots came from the tight end group, which included Jimmy Kleinsasser (an incredible blocker) and Jermaine Wiggins, a guy who didn't produce a ton, but was still entertaining to watch play.

Needless to say, it was an ugly season in the first year of the post-Moss Vikings era.

I wanted to say the Ghost of Cam and Hubbard (at that point it doesn't matter that DJ Moore is a good WR), but I decided to dig deeper.  This is slightly before my time watching football, but it looks like 2001 takes it.

QB: Chris Weinke, the 29 year old rookie (take that, Weeden)

RB: Richard Huntley, 665 yards in his only season with the Panthers

WR: Donald Hayes, who looks like he had a good 2000, but all the receiving numbers were unimpressive with Weinke

Ah yes, the unforgettable 1977 season.  😛

QB: Lynn Dickey, 5 TDs & 14 INTs

RB: Eric Torkelson, 1 TD and 309 yds

WR: Steve Odom, 3 TDs, 549 yds

During those dark ages for GB Dickey was one of the best QBs we had but 1977 was a real stinker when our final record was 4-10.   The 1958 1-10-1 season was the worst in franchise history but I was only 4 years old back then so I don't remember it very well.   😉

On 1/3/2022 at 8:22 AM, Pugger said:

Ah yes, the unforgettable 1977 season.  😛

QB: Lynn Dickey, 5 TDs & 14 INTs

RB: Eric Torkelson, 1 TD and 309 yds

WR: Steve Odom, 3 TDs, 549 yds

During those dark ages for GB Dickey was one of the best QBs we had but 1977 was a real stinker when our final record was 4-10.   The 1958 1-10-1 season was the worst in franchise history but I was only 4 years old back then so I don't remember it very well.   😉

I was going to suggest some time in the late 80s, where our preferred starters in 87 were QB was Randy Wright, RB Kenneth Davis, and WR Phil Epps or Walter Stanley....but I think Davis was actually a not-bad NFL RB when he got onto Buffalo. 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, djw4bucs said:

Jeff Garcia 

Earnest Graham

Antonio Bryant

Mike Glennon 

Bobby Rainey

Vincent Jackson RIP

V-Jax was still great but the other 2 were horrible

tbh I enjoyed going to the Jeff Garcia/Earnest Graham/Antonio Bryant era games in Tampa.

2009 Raiders had okay RBs in Michael Bush DMC and Fargas, but the WRs were Chaz Schilens, Louis Murphy and Johnnie Lee Higgins with Jamarcus Russell throwing them (arguably) the ball.

Edited by Trojan