2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

29 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Have you guys actually read any of the SB reviews on Willis? Wildly inconsistent, questionable accuracy?He's not ending up in Denver.

Howell and Strong have had pretty good, consistent showings and Zappe has been as advertised. Zappe's a sleeper. The most accurate short to intermediate passer at the SB, decisive, consistent, great grasp of the offense and a real gamer. The long ball isn't his strength but he's not that limited.

Kinda sounds like the reviews Montana got before going to the 49ers to run Walsh's WCO.

No one said he was.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Have you guys actually read any of the SB reviews on Willis? Wildly inconsistent, questionable accuracy?He's not ending up in Denver.

Howell and Strong have had pretty good, consistent showings and Zappe has been as advertised. Zappe's a sleeper. The most accurate short to intermediate passer at the SB, decisive, consistent, great grasp of the offense and a real gamer. The long ball isn't his strength but he's not that limited.

Kinda sounds like the reviews Montana got before going to the 49ers to run Walsh's WCO.

I don't think we'll draft Willis, but my belief that he's got the biggest upside in the draft remains. He's far from a finished product, but there's potential there no doubt.

32 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

What do you guys think of WR Christian Watson as a replacement for Dionte Spencer ?? Think he could add more at the WR position as well as in the return game.

Not sure about return game he’s more of a long strider but I like him a lot.   Big and fast

• Like 1

Sauce Gardner is really climbing my board. He tackles a little high, but he’s very willing to stick his nose in there, so I think the technique can be cleaned up pretty easily. And the cover skills are truly top notch. If the trade market for Rodgers/Wilson doesn’t pan out, maybe the blueprint for now for keeping up with Mahomes/Herbert/Allen/Burrow is to have two elite corners, and invest a few day two picks on front 7 players. I’d much rather go down that path than reach for a Willis/Pickett/etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sauce Gardner is really climbing my board. He tackles a little high, but he’s very willing to stick his nose in there, so I think the technique can be cleaned up pretty easily. And the cover skills are truly top notch. If the trade market for Rodgers/Wilson doesn’t pan out, maybe the blueprint for now for keeping up with Mahomes/Herbert/Allen/Burrow is to have two elite corners, and invest a few day two picks on front 7 players. I’d much rather go down that path than reach for a Willis/Pickett/etc.

Should be some great options at corner, tackle and maybe edge rusher at 9. 

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I agree with this, Stingley would be another awesome pick as well. Still, the Bucs showed that a strong pass rush can throw Mahommes off his game, love to see this direction. 

As for a QB, next year's draft class looks like it will be much better than this year's class so if plan A & B (Wilson/AR12) cost too much, I can see being patient for one more year. So with a new HC and a promising GM, depending on what the new owner sees as a timeline, this path could set us up for the next decade.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, broncosfan_101 said:

4th overall ranked player on my board currently 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If the Broncos sign off on all the character stuff with Thibodeaux, I would hope he’s the #1 target unless they fall in love with a QB. I view him as a sure thing disruptive pass rusher in the NFL with a higher ceiling than Hutchinson. But there’s been pretty consistent buzz that he may slide in the top 10. A real opportunity to address your second biggest need for the next decade. 

9 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

If the Broncos sign off on all the character stuff with Thibodeaux, I would hope he’s the #1 target unless they fall in love with a QB. I view him as a sure thing disruptive pass rusher in the NFL with a higher ceiling than Hutchinson. But there’s been pretty consistent buzz that he may slide in the top 10. A real opportunity to address your second biggest need for the next decade. 

Well, if character issues are being signed off on, DeShawn Watson would be on that list and probably at the top. I like Thibs too but this is all talk based upon just talent, right ?

One name I'd like to hear on Day 3 is HOU CB Marcus Jones. Not only is he smart, he's aggressive and would fit great as at the slot position. Also, he can double-dip as a returner. He's only 5'8"  but looks like he got a lion's heart.

• Like 1