NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gonna be fun watching Michael Irvin, Skip Bayless and Marcus Spears try and analyze this outcome in the coming days. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Little sad how some fans need to gain some sad sense of enjoyment over the baseless hatred of another team… especially when their own was utterly embarrassed. 

10 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Little sad how some fans need to gain some sad sense of enjoyment over the baseless hatred of another team… especially when their own was utterly embarrassed. 

Now now NFZ, aren't you the little Pot calling the Kettle Black? 🍺

Vast majority of Eagle fans knew we barely had a punchers chance against the defending SB Champs in Tampa. We weren't pumping our chests about winning the SB for most of the season. 

That's a Cowboys thing

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

There is absolutely no one to blame that isn't part of the Dallas team for that debacle.

If you find yourself depending on a middle-aged man to sprint and maneuver around professional athletes knowing that the difference in success is a second or two - you've completely mismanaged the game to that point.

I don't think there exists any sympathy for Dallas outside of their fanbase, but if there is, there shouldn't be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gonna be fun watching Michael Irvin, Skip Bayless and Marcus Spears try and analyze this outcome in the coming days. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Me too. Skip is already saying the refs screwed Dallas. Remember when Irvin told Dallas fans to buy their SB tickets and make it non-refundable? lol Marcus isn’t blaming the refs which nobody should. Dallas by all metric besides coaching was the better team on the field. Statistically and the level on talent but we know they just find ways to underachieve. Thus the sayings, “what can go wrong, will go wrong” and “there is a black cat running around in that franchise”

Jerry is that black cat and he is someone to blame. Get the right coach. McCarthy isn’t that guy. I knew it from when they hired him.  If the Cowboys got a real coach like Sean Payton they would be a lot better. But why would Payton go there knowing Jerry is going to always be in the way? He wouldn’t so. Like there is so much wrong with Dallas and that’s why the cycle of mediocre at best over the past 26yrs continues. Nobody should’ve ever tell me Dallas has arrived to being serious Superbowl contender until they can get at least to the NFCCG. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Me too. Skip is already saying the refs screwed Dallas. Remember when Irvin told Dallas fans to buy their SB tickets and make it non-refundable? lol Marcus isn’t blaming the refs which nobody should. Dallas by all metric besides coaching was the better team on the field. Statistically and the level on talent but we know they just find ways to underachieve. Thus the sayings, “what can go wrong, will go wrong” and “there is a black cat running around in that franchise”

Jerry is that black cat and he is someone to blame. Get the right coach. McCarthy isn’t that guy. I knew it from when they hired him.  If the Cowboys got a real coach like Sean Payton they would be a lot better. But why would Payton go there knowing Jerry is going to always be in the way? He wouldn’t so. Like there is so much wrong with Dallas and that’s why the cycle of mediocre at best over the past 26yrs continues. Nobody should’ve ever tell me Dallas has arrived to being serious Superbowl contender until they can get at least to the NFCCG. 

If you go off the entire season? Sure, but the Niners finished the regular season 7-2 and got healthier heading into the playoffs. Dallas was not the more talented team and got outplayed clearly for majority of the game. Now, going forward for the Niners, it's going to depend if Bosa and Warner can get back on the field. At least with Azeez and Greenlaw returning, we are solid at the LB position but Warner is one of a kind and will need match wits with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you go off the entire season? Sure, but the Niners finished the regular season 7-2 and got healthier heading into the playoffs. Dallas was not the more talented team and got outplayed clearly for majority of the game. Now, going forward for the Niners, it's going to depend if Bosa and Warner can get back on the field. At least with Azeez and Greenlaw returning, we are solid at the LB position but Warner is one of a kind and will need match wits with Rodgers. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That’s what the media pounded into everyone’s head the entire season. Dallas has all these stars. They have talent but they aren’t a team imo. They feast off of NFCE teams and bad teams outside of the division. Their best win was earlier in the season against the Pats when they was still trying to find their way with their rookie QB whom Dallas defense made him look spectacular. I think Dallas best game against a good team was their lost to the Bucs week 1 but even that game you can’t force 4 turnovers and have over 450yds of offense and still lose. I’m sure in the history of the NFL that has never happened until that game.

I agree the Niners are getting healthier and they were the better team and I thought the Niners getting into the playoffs was scary. If the Warner is healthy to play against the Packers I think the Packers need to worried. This the worst possible matchup for the Packers and they know it. 

50 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s what the media pounded into everyone’s head the entire season. Dallas has all these stars. They have talent but they aren’t a team imo. They feast off of NFCE teams and bad teams outside of the division. Their best win was earlier in the season against the Pats when they was still trying to find their way with their rookie QB whom Dallas defense made him look spectacular. I think Dallas best game against a good team was their lost to the Bucs week 1 but even that game you can’t force 4 turnovers and have over 450yds of offense and still lose. I’m sure in the history of the NFL that has never happened until that game.

I agree the Niners are getting healthier and they were the better team and I thought the Niners getting into the playoffs was scary. If the Warner is healthy to play against the Packers I think the Packers need to worried. This the worst possible matchup for the Packers and they know it. 

I don't know about the last part. These are all tough match ups. 49ers are just a good team that will give everyone problems. Same could be said about other teams as well. If Packers were to face the Rams or the Cardinals, not like those would have been easy match ups for them either. 

Wow what a trash thing to say. Imagine getting paid $40m a year making dumb decisions and not knowing the rules and STILL having the audacity to blame the refs. 🤦‍♂️

But on the plus side, I'm sure we'll be in for a treat on First Take this morning 🤣:

I almost feel bad for Michael Irvin.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Hopefully he would have been tracking closer than that, but the point still stands. I am 90% sure it was 8 seconds left when the play was blown dead.

The ref is behind Dak watching OL/DL.

asking him to be tracking behind Dak as he is running is asking the ref to forego his responsibilities on the play.

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

He is still watching for behind the play infractions to some degree.

If Dallas decides to lateral or reverse direction, the refs need to be out of the way.  

ref needs to stay back for any action that might come back to him..  you said he should be tracking closer which is asking him to forego his responsiblities on the play.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont follow this conversation. It started out about 8 seconds, it was 8 seconds, and now you are wandering off into another direction.... 

What is it you are trying to convey? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know about the last part. These are all tough match ups. 49ers are just a good team that will give everyone problems. Same could be said about other teams as well. If Packers were to face the Rams or the Cardinals, not like those would have been easy match ups for them either. 

I get what you are saying. They are all tough matchups but Im a firm believer in how teams matchup with each other plus the psychological aspect. Like Im nervous about tonight bc the Cards are definitely more than capable of winning bc they are talented but I do think the Rams matchup well against them and psychologically know they can beat them bc they have done so 4 out of the last 5 times they have faced Kingsbury/Murray and 9 out of the last 10 times in general since McVay became head coach. I think IF they Rams can somehow win they matchup well against the Bucs. Plus they know at least the past two games they can beat the Bucs and they've had great success against Brady the last three times they played him. 

The Niners matchup well against the Packers and Rams. I do think the Cards matchup well against the Niners. So thats all Im saying. All these teams are really good and it wont shock me if any of these teams come out of the NFC and go to the SB but for me it comes down to styles make fights and the psychological edge. The Niners know they can beat the Packers or at the very least compete hard with them and be there at the end with a chance to win. They matchup well against them. Thats all Im saying.