NYRaider

Who you got?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bucs
    • Rams

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

As a Rams fan I’d much, much rather us play GB than SF

I guess I'm in the minority of Packers fans that want the Bucs. Beating Brady on the way to a Super Bowl would be far more satisfying, even if it comes at a higher chance of losing.

We will have to play one of the Niners or Green Bay. I'm not sure which I would prefer. I think Stafford has a pretty nice record at Lambeau: 3,328 yards and 24 touchdowns in 11 games throughout his career. It's not a bad day if you throw for 300 yards and 2+ touchdowns anywhere in the NFL, so he's shown he can play there and the temperature won't bother him. Green Bay have shown they can be run on, too. I think Akers has an opportunity if he keeps progressing. 

Ultimately, I feel like any of the four teams left in the NFC have an opportunity for various reasons. Last season at this stage, we went to Lambeau with a QB who struggle to grip a ball, with a ton of metal in his hand, Aaron Donald with a significant rib injury and our best receiver in Cooper Kupp out. We were going up against a better team with key players out or injured and honestly looked to use the opportunity to give rookies, Van Jefferson & Cam Akers a lot of opportunities on a big stage. They both played really well, considering, particularly the latter who nearly had 100 yards on the day. It was a complete free punch in the divisional round. I don't think any of us have that this time round, with both games predicted to be close. 

I’d rather play the Niners bc the game will be in Sofi and not Lambeau in the cold. Plus if blowing a 17pt lead don’t motivate the Rams to FINALLY beat the Niners then I don’t know what will.

As for the Bucs, the narrative of “not betting against Brady” is a lazy one. It’s not like he is Jordan in the Finals going (6-0). Brady has lost 11 playoff games and some of those losses were to the likes of Flacco, Tannehill, and Sanchez. Not to mention he has struggled the last 3x he has face the Rams defense. One of which was in the Superbowl. They won but it had nothing to do with Brady. That defense suffocated the Rams offense and Michel had over 100yds and the games only td.

The Bucs defense isn’t the Pats. In the last two meetings, the Bucs defense couldn’t touch Goff and Stafford. As a result both QBs lit the defense up. The Bucs has no answer for Kupp. He owns the Bucs when he plays against them. This game is going to come down to the Bucs banged up OL protecting Brady and seeing if the Bucs can finally get to Stafford. If Stafford don’t get touched like in Week 3 I don’t see the results being different. People were banking on if there was a rematch the Bucs would have AB back to add to Evans, Godwin, and Gronk. Well no AB and no Godwin plus a banged up OL and two banged up backs.

Not saying the Bucs still can’t win but I believe in styles make fights and the Rams match up well against the Bucs plus they are the more healthier team and hungriest team and I think they feel disrespected bc they beat the Bucs the last two times yet people still will disregard all of it with the take “never betting against Brady”. How about never bet against Donald, Von, and Ramsey? All whom had their pound of flesh on Brady in the playoffs. Ramsey with the Jags had Brady and the Pats beat in the AFCCG and got screwed. Von beat Brady and the Pats when he was with the Broncos in the playoffs. Donald and the Rams defense dominated the Brady and the Pats on defense in the Superbowl. The Rams just couldn’t anything on offense to make a great defensive effort count.

This game is going to be on Stafford. Will he be the difference the Rams advance to the NFCCG or will the Rams once again get bounced in the divisional round like last season? It’s going to be an intriguing game and I’m nervous but excited too lol. 

7 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

We will have to play one of the Niners or Green Bay. I'm not sure which I would prefer. I think Stafford has a pretty nice record at Lambeau: 3,328 yards and 24 touchdowns in 11 games throughout his career. It's not a bad day if you throw for 300 yards and 2+ touchdowns anywhere in the NFL, so he's shown he can play there and the temperature won't bother him. Green Bay have shown they can be run on, too. I think Akers has an opportunity if he keeps progressing. 

Ultimately, I feel like any of the four teams left in the NFC have an opportunity for various reasons. Last season at this stage, we went to Lambeau with a QB who struggle to grip a ball, with a ton of metal in his hand, Aaron Donald with a significant rib injury and our best receiver in Cooper Kupp out. We were going up against a better team with key players out or injured and honestly looked to use the opportunity to give rookies, Van Jefferson & Cam Akers a lot of opportunities on a big stage. They both played really well, considering, particularly the latter who nearly had 100 yards on the day. It was a complete free punch in the divisional round. I don't think any of us have that this time round, with both games predicted to be close. 

Give me the 49ers. We had no business losing to them in Week 18. It'll be better to play them than to play Green Bay in Lambeau. McVay hasn't beaten Lafleur, and I'd rather not have to best both Brady and Rodgers.

• Like 2

Its going to be a tough game for the Bucs...   hopefully they pull out the win but its an uphill battle.    One thing of note is during the last game Bucs defense had some opportunities and dropped a few ints.  They also were playing Dee Delaney and Ross Cockrell at CB (#4 and #5).     Both QBs got off to a slow start in the game and the Bucs can't let that happen this time.  Bucs also had no run game whatsoever with Brady leading in the rushing category with 14 yards.      Robert Woods was also playing for the Rams which IMO is far more important than OBJ.  Desean Jackson also played and lit up the defense for like 100+ yards and a TD.     Rams will have Cam Akers which could be very important and an impact piece for the offense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Also not sure why Rams would rather play niners after last two GB games

Don't really enjoy the thought of either if we advance but it's 6 games vs the Niners to get over compared to 2 vs the Packers. Would probably rather the Niners because it's at home in LA instead of the cold but who knows really.

Edited by NVRamsFan