If Kyler Murray disappoints next season, the Arizona Cardinals should NOT extend him

biggie.

Even before his disastrous playoff debut, I have always maintained my assessment that Kyler Murray has been one of the league's most overrated players. What exactly has he done that makes him stand out as more than just good?

I understand head coach Kliff Kingbury is part of the problem, but Murray is ultimately the one with the ball in his hands.

Edited by biggie.

29 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I understand head coach Kliff Kingbury is part of the problem, but Murray is ultimately the one with the ball in his itsy bitsy teeny tiny hands.

fify

He's really inconsistent and has lower dips than you'd like for a franchise guy... but he's shown flashes, so I can see why people get excited about him.

But he hasn't played in many big games and when he has he's put up some "performances you can't forget", in a regrettable use of that term

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/sports/football/kyler-murray.html

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

So dumb. You set yourself up with comments like these down the road.

• Like 1

Eh Kyler has his limitations but the first guy to go there will be Kingsbury. Way easier to find a HC /OC that can scheme to a QB/WR combo like Kyler / Nuk than find a QB.   

The Cards will almost certainly take the 5th year option for 2023. If it doesn’t go well in 2022 then they can go 2023 with a 2024 franchise tag option with a new HC / OC and see how things go from there.  

Edited by Broncofan

22 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

That article still confuses me. You have quotes like that where it implies he doesn’t go the extra mile. And others where he practices three straight days just for a batting practice with the As.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

That article still confuses me. You have quotes like that where it implies he doesn’t go the extra mile. And others where he practices three straight days just for a batting practice with the As.

He always leaves breadcrumbs about still wanting to play baseball. I believe there’s something in his contract where he has to pay back some % of bonus’ if he plays during his rookie deal idk.

Overrated is an understatement. 

People got excited about a super mobile QB, as usual, and par for the course he was ok with some flash until the league figured his tendencies out. Same story, different QB. 

I don't say this sarcastically, I wouldn't extend him regardless of what he does in 2022. I thought he was always sort of immature (anyone who has their parent as their spokesperson as long as he did just come off as childish to me). Add in the apparent lack of dedication, the sloppy performances, the near absolute reliance on mobility, and his "flop" sacks....dude isn't a franchise QB. I don't think he has the passion to be, and he's far too limited as a passer. 

If I'm Arizona, I'm looking elsewhere sooner rather than later for a QB. 

6 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

This sounds like an Onion quote. 

15 hours ago, Dome said:

fify

He's really inconsistent and has lower dips than you'd like for a franchise guy... but he's shown flashes, so I can see why people get excited about him.

But he hasn't played in many big games and when he has he's put up some "performances you can't forget", in a regrettable use of that term

This is pretty much it...   He has a chance still to get that consistency