2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

What do you guys think we would get in a trade for AJ?

A first and change.

Which is why it's stupid, as we'd just spend the first on another receiver.

Dunno why the Titans are sticking at 20m when they were willing to make Byard and Lewan the highest paid players at their position.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A first and change.

Which is why it's stupid, as we'd just spend the first on another receiver.

Dunno why the Titans are sticking at 20m when they were willing to make Byard and Lewan the highest paid players at their position.

I imagine they're sticking there because paying 20.5m would make AJ the 6th highest paid receiver and that's where he should be in my opinion. if he wants to be the 5th highest paid the jump is all the way up to over 24m per year.   

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

👀👀AJ wants more then 20 mil.. This should be interesting 

He should want more than $20 million. 5 years, $110 million has been the number I’ve thought about. It’s easy to hide some of that money if he can’t stay healthy.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I imagine they're sticking there because paying 20.5m would make AJ the 6th highest paid receiver and that's where he should be in my opinion. if he wants to be the 5th highest paid the jump is all the way up to over 24m per year.   

This is the wrong way to look at it because of how the market works. If AJ Brown took 24m today, he'd be eclipsed by Deebo and DK when they sign theirs. Justin Jefferson after next year would eclipse it too. Any half decent WR who is a free agent is going to get around that number if not higher given what was just given to WRs this FA period and the fact that the cap rises each year.

When we signed Lewan to his extension in 2018 he became the highest paid offensive lineman in NFL history. Now? He's 10th just among left tackles. You factor in right tackles and the one guard who makes more than him, he becomes the tied for 17th highest paid offensive lineman in the league. By the time his contract finishes after the '23 season, he probably won't even be top 25 among o-linemen.

We made Byard the highest paid safety in history going in to the 2019 season. He's now down to 6th, and even guys like Marcus Williams who, while a good player, is certainly not on Byard's tier, is only making 100k less than him per year.

Cap rises, contracts rise. If we sign AJ Brown to even the highest paid WR contract, he's going to be eclipsed shortly after, and in a couple years, will be lucky if he's still in the top 6 or 7.

• Like 1

I kept saying this & of course I was the object of ridicule 😂. The titans have a # in mind they want to pay AJ based on injury history & potential & AJ has some different in mind. I really think he’s going to play this yr on his rookie contract if him & the titans can’t agree to a # that satisfy both parties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

This is the wrong way to look at it because of how the market works. If AJ Brown took 24m today, he'd be eclipsed by Deebo and DK when they sign theirs. Justin Jefferson after next year would eclipse it too. Any half decent WR who is a free agent is going to get around that number if not higher given what was just given to WRs this FA period and the fact that the cap rises each year.

When we signed Lewan to his extension in 2018 he became the highest paid offensive lineman in NFL history. Now? He's 10th just among left tackles. You factor in right tackles and the one guard who makes more than him, he becomes the tied for 17th highest paid offensive lineman in the league. By the time his contract finishes after the '23 season, he probably won't even be top 25 among o-linemen.

We made Byard the highest paid safety in history going in to the 2019 season. He's now down to 6th, and even guys like Marcus Williams who, while a good player, is certainly not on Byard's tier, is only making 100k less than him per year.

Cap rises, contracts rise. If we sign AJ Brown to even the highest paid WR contract, he's going to be eclipsed shortly after, and in a couple years, will be lucky if he's still in the top 6 or 7.

It’s not about making him the highest paid at his position it’s about guaranteed dollars to a guy who’s yet to play 16 games. The titans don’t hesitate to pay guys market value. They want AJ back but at their #

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s not about making him the highest paid at his position it’s about guaranteed dollars to a guy who’s yet to play 16 games. The titans don’t hesitate to pay guys market value. They want AJ back but at their #

If the Titans are stuck still pretending the cap matters, that's their own fault/problem.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If the Titans are stuck still pretending the cap matters, that's their own fault/problem.

It does matter to them I keep telling y’all we’re not rich rich like these other owners that manipulate the cap. We normally do 1 or 2 restructures a off-season if that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just pay the man. 

If I had to guess, that's where they end up, and the time it's taking is just the team seeing how little they can get away with paying him/how well they can structure it.  In the end, the result will be the same.  AJ will be paid a boatload of cash by the Titans.

9 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It does matter to them I keep telling y’all we’re not rich rich like these other owners that manipulate the cap. We normally do 1 or 2 restructures a off-season if that. 

If Amy can't afford simple restructures then she needs to sell the team. Simple as that.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If Amy can't afford simple restructures then she needs to sell the team. Simple as that.

Pretty much. If the ownership group with the multi billion dollar asset can’t afford to do what virtually every other competitive franchise does, we have a massive organizational problem.