Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

Davis had a really bad 2016 and a really injured 2017, will be going on 30 by the time camp hits. Sean Smith was 29 when he first suited up for us.

If he comes for pennies the way Amerson did for KC, it wouldn't be the worst flier. But if we pay him and are counting on him to start outside, it would be a blunder imo.

Regarding Carrie: I think it's unlikely he resigns with Oakland unless the team views him -- or is willing to pay him -- boundary corner money.  I have to think there's at least one team in the NFL who would pay and play Carrie as a starting outside corner.

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Saw a report that Marqise Lee is looking for 4 years around 30 million. 

That's close to what Crabtree is making, think I'd rather just stick with him. 

That's ridiculous. For a WR who's got potential but never had more than 850 yards or more than 3 tds in a season, what's he ever proven to deserve that money? Wishful thinking imo. 

On 2/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, Rich7sena said:

Regarding Carrie: I think it's unlikely he resigns with Oakland unless the team views him -- or is willing to pay him -- boundary corner money.  I have to think there's at least one team in the NFL who would pay and play Carrie as a starting outside corner.

I doubt Carrie or Autry will be back. This is a poor FA class outside of the QBs, so the young players who showed flashes are going to get overpaid.

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

That's ridiculous. For a WR who's got potential but never had more than 850 yards or more than 3 tds in a season, what's he ever proven to deserve that money? Wishful thinking imo. 

That'd be just a slight raise from what Robert Woods got last year and Woods hadn't proven more. I think the 7M/Y range is about right in this market.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

I won't count on signing him. But Davis, Conley, Carrie, and a draft pick would be fine by me to roll with at CB

Another CB in the 2nd or 3rd and I'd be good with that group.

22 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I doubt Carrie or Autry will be back. This is a poor FA class outside of the QBs, so the young players who showed flashes are going to get overpaid.

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Carrie.  He's said he wants to stay and can't imagine playing anywhere else because he grew up in the bay. Of course, money talks, but all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he stays. 

I think Autry is gone though. He's our best out interior guy and kept getting passed over for starts. Plus he's on a UDFA deal right? Can't blame him for getting a big pay day he earned

Ziggy Ansah went to BYU, so I assume he is Mormon. Oakland has a Mormon Temple right up the hill from Alameda, I don't know if this any pull in a FA decision, but it surely can't hurt. On the flip side though, Vegas could hurt lol.

4 hours ago, Trojan said:

Ziggy Ansah went to BYU, so I assume he is Mormon. Oakland has a Mormon Temple right up the hill from Alameda, I don't know if this any pull in a FA decision, but it surely can't hurt. On the flip side though, Vegas could hurt lol.

Temples are in every major city (including Vegas).  He is Mormon, but don’t imagine that will play a factor into where he signs.  

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think Autry is gone though. He's our best out interior guy and kept getting passed over for starts. Plus he's on a UDFA deal right? Can't blame him for getting a big pay day he earned

I disagree that Autry was the team’s bet interior guy. He was the best interior pass rusher, but he only flashed. As a run defender he was a liability unless he got into the backfield. Autry routinely gets sealed and pushed back against the run. I don’t think he will earn more than $4 million a year in the open market.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree that Autry was the team’s bet interior guy. He was the best interior pass rusher, but he only flashed. As a run defender he was a liability unless he got into the backfield. Autry routinely gets sealed and pushed back against the run. I don’t think he will earn more than $4 million a year in the open market.

Certainly our best interior rusher though, which is why I think a team will overpay.  Jelly was good but faded down the stretch.   I don't disagree with you on Autry's run stopping abilities but its not like we have any good interior DL.  Other than a few who flash sporadically. 

Archived