Washingtons Commanders (Official)

Manny/Patrick

57 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The Washington Commies. Almost like Snyder is making a statement.

Yeah it's like one of those horse names that looks perfectly tame on paper then turns into something entirely different when frantically barked out by a race caller down the stretch. The difference, of course, is some owners intentionally create those names like Hoof Hearted knowing darn well what the call will sound like and the public reaction will be. Bart Simpson meets thoroughbred racing. 

In Washington's case it's obvious they spent so much time thinking about historical connotations and similar blather they never bothered to envision the only available heat of action shortening, in sports bars and everywhere else. 

28 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I don't think they're nearly as bad as people make them out to be. The burgundy jersey and helmet is pretty nice. The all black with the yellow numbers is kinda clean. White is meh. We've seen much worse.

I've relocated teams in Madden 22 & had better designs & names than this abomination.

And you don't even get to pick your own team name. You have to choose between 2 or 3 names presented for ya.

Washington Brass had 2 years to not only filter out the best names from the fans choices & their own?

They could have given former HOF Redskin players(Green, Monk, Grimm), coaches (Gibbs), etc. a chance to add their opinions as well in trying to incorporate the history into the team name as well.

No way in hell, would they have chosen Commanders. 

This fasade of making the fans feel they had a choice in helping choose the team name was a farce.

With attendance being 2nd worst in the League, it was dire for them to get this right & they failed miserably.

The great rich Redskins history & tradition is over. Done!

What you see with Commanders is not even an expansion team birth.

This will be a defunct franchise in a matter of time, imo.

The only way that doesn't happen, is if the Commanders land a HOF caliber QB & start winning playoff games, SB's on a consistent basis.

I'm not holding my breath....would you?

Under Snyder?

On 2/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I've relocated teams in Madden 22 & had better designs & names than this abomination.

And you don't even get to pick your own team name. You have to choose between 2 or 3 names presented for ya.

Washington Brass had 2 years to not only filter out the best names from the fans choices & their own?

They could have given former HOF Redskin players(Green, Monk, Grimm), coaches (Gibbs), etc. a chance to add their opinions as well in trying to incorporate the history into the team name as well.

No way in hell, would they have chosen Commanders. 

This fasade of making the fans feel they had a choice in helping choose the team name was a farce.

With attendance being 2nd worst in the League, it was dire for them to get this right & they failed miserably.

The great rich Redskins history & tradition is over. Done!

What you see with Commanders is not even an expansion team birth.

This will be a defunct franchise in a matter of time, imo.

The only way that doesn't happen, is if the Commanders land a HOF caliber QB & start winning playoff games, SB's on a consistent basis.

I'm not holding my breath....would you?

Under Snyder?

There hasn't been a defunct franchise in 70 years. 

I don't even know why I'm responding to you. 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, JJ6 said:

Commanders is such a boring and lame name 

The logo is horrendous. Looks like they gave some amateur graphic designer 30mins to come up with something. 

It's amazing how bad these new gen football jerseys are. It's like they're trying to intentionally mess them up. 

Falcons, Rams, Commanders etc. Just terrible. 

Have you seen who Nike hires, and who actually does the labor?