2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hubbard has always been a good all-around guy. Great effort and athleticism. But he's not really a dominant pass rusher. Plays the run well and can get pressure with his motor and relentlessness. Awuzie was pretty average in Dallas. Wilson is a rookie. Seemed like a solid prospect. My recollection of Bates is great range and ball skills, but inconsistent angles and tackling. That's basically what I mean, though. Good players, but they're not elite guys. Maybe they've elevated their play. IDK.

The past 2 games the defense has played incredible. They're the reason the Bengals are here imo. Holding Mahomes to 3 points for an entire half and OT is a very rare thing

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hubbard has always been a good all-around guy. Great effort and athleticism. But he's not really a dominant pass rusher. Plays the run well and can get pressure with his motor and relentlessness. Awuzie was pretty average in Dallas. Wilson is a rookie. Seemed like a solid prospect. My recollection of Bates is great range and ball skills, but inconsistent angles and tackling. That's basically what I mean, though. Good players, but they're not elite guys. Maybe they've elevated their play. IDK.

Bates is one of the top safeties in the league.  Was a little off this year, but has been outstanding in the playoffs.  He'll likely be the highest paid safety in the league soon.  Hubbard and Reader are both really good against the run.  Not flashy with the pass rush, although Hubbard always has more sacks than I think he will.  Logan Wilson is in his second year and has turned into a really good player.  He might have another level to him as well.  Based on how Chido has played for us, not sure why Dallas let him go.  He's been a really good coverage guy all year. 

Yeah, so stars, Hendrickson and Bates, Reader if you like run stuffers because he's outstanding clogging the middle, but everyone else is usually just good.  I would like to get a little more pass rush, but the defense operates really well as a whole.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

Bates is one of the top safeties in the league.  Was a little off this year, but has been outstanding in the playoffs.  He'll likely be the highest paid safety in the league soon.  Hubbard and Reader are both really good against the run.  Not flashy with the pass rush, although Hubbard always has more sacks than I think he will.  Logan Wilson is in his second year and has turned into a really good player.  He might have another level to him as well.  Based on how Chido has played for us, not sure why Dallas let him go.  He's been a really good coverage guy all year. 

Yeah, so stars, Hendrickson and Bates, Reader if you like run stuffers because he's outstanding clogging the middle, but everyone else is usually just good.  I would like to get a little more pass rush, but the defense operates really well as a whole.

Ah yes, my mistake on Logan Wilson. Do you think your CBs are going to be able to handle Cooper Kupp, OBJ, and Van Jefferson?

This feels a bit like last year's Super Bowl. As gifted as Burrow is, can he overcome a pass rush consisting of Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd, and Greg Gaines? I know Gaines doesn't get much hype, but he's an outstanding pass rusher for a NT. Burrow was so slippery today against the Chiefs, but the Rams have some serious athletes on their DL. Donald, Von, and Floyd all run 4.6 or quicker in the 40.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, VanS said:

First of all, I never said anything about Burrow's collegiate career.  I only talked about his NFL potential which I thought was no where close to being worthy of the 1st overall pick.  I viewed him as a mid to low level starter in the NFL with a player comp to someone like Alex Smith.  To me that type of player isn't worth the 1st overall pick and isn't anywhere close to a player like Lamar.  If Burrow exceeds this projection and is a top 10 caliber QB I will admit to being wrong about him.  Just as I've admitted to being wrong on Patrick Mahomes who I saw as only being a Pro Bowl caliber QB similar to Matthew Stafford.  Obviously Mahomes has been way better than that.

With that said, I do believe this comparison is insulting to Lamar.  Because even if 2019 is the high water mark of Lamar's career, I don't believe there is any way Joe Burrow ever comes close to that.  I also don't think over the next 5 years you will see Burrow outperforming Lamar.  Lamar might fall off and no longer be an elite MVP caliber QB but he'll still be better than an Alex Smith caliber QB.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

28-27 one point victory for the Bengals. 

Super Bowl MVP: Chase

Bengals have proven time and time again it doesn’t matter how much pressure you apply, and how much you man handle their OL. They will win. Their skill positions are way too good. Mixon is a Top 3 RB. Is Chase the best WR in the NFL already…? Possible. Higgins is solid as well. And Burrow has ascended into Top 10 QB territory. 

I would honestly say Stafford and Burrow are pretty equal QB’s at this point. I trust the Bengals coaching staff wayyyy more than the Rams coaching staff though. Taylor and the Bengals DC have been LIGHTS OUT. They also don’t make all the tiny mistakes the Rams can’t stop making. Taylor and the Bengals DC Halftime Adjustments this season have been legendary. 

Bengals win with coaching, and Burrow/Chase just being unstoppable right now. 

8-3 in my past 11 Super Bowls. Both Niner games and Falcon game being losses. 

What's your record picking Rams playoff games? Lmao happy to see you keep picking against us