2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

What's your record picking Rams playoff games? Lmao happy to see you keep picking against us

1-0 in Super Bowls… and it’s not like I pick against you every game. Picked you to beat the Cards. Picked you in 2018 up until the NFC Championship where I picked the Saints. And honestly, my pick of the Saints should of been correct.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ah yes, my mistake on Logan Wilson. Do you think your CBs are going to be able to handle Cooper Kupp, OBJ, and Van Jefferson?

Handle? Uh, they'll battle I don't think they'll be embarrassed or anything, but that receiver group is good and it'san offensive league. We're much more apt to struggle covering tight ends and from what I know of this offense, tight end is not a huge part of it.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

Handle? Uh, they'll battle I don't think they'll be embarrassed or anything, but that receiver group is good and it'san offensive league. We're much more apt to struggle covering tight ends and from what I know of this offense, tight end is not a huge part of it.

Higbee could be big parts of game plans when needed, but his injury looked severe.

If the Bengals win the Super Bowl, Joe Burrow will become the ONLY quarterback in NFL history to win the Heisman, National Championship, go first overall and win the Super Bowl with the team that drafted him. Cam Newton got close in SB50, but we all know how that turned out.

Jim Plunkett won the Heisman, went first overall and won two Super Bowls, but it was not for the team that drafted him.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

1-0 in Super Bowls… and it’s not like I pick against you every game. Picked you to beat the Cards. Picked you in 2018 up until the NFC Championship where I picked the Saints. And honestly, my pick of the Saints should of been correct.

I mean, they got the ball first in OT. I hear from the general media and people on this site thats an immeasurable obstacle to overcome

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bengals feel like a team of destiny to me.

But I'd also like to see Stafford get a ring.

Win-Win IMO.

I also love teams that aren’t afraid to go for it when they have a legit window (but also despise teams for hanging on to mediocrity).    Nothing against CIN I backed them to win first 2 rounds and took them +7 without hesitation.     Just think it’s LAR’s time in the sun this year.  

I’ll be happy with either team winning though.   Both are going to make great stories.   But I’m going LAR this time.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I also love teams that aren’t afraid to go for it when they have a legit window (but also despise teams for hanging on to mediocrity).    Nothing against CIN I backed them to win first 2 rounds and took them +7 without hesitation.     Just think it’s LAR’s time in the sun this year.  

I’ll be happy with either team winning though.   Both are going to make great stories.   But I’m going LAR this time.  

Out of curiosity, how many guys does Cincy have who have played in a Super Bowl before?

Just now, jrry32 said:

Out of curiosity, how many guys does Cincy have who have played in a Super Bowl before?

Honestly no idea.  Cincy fans will probably know.  

I’m pretty happy we won’t be getting Jackson Mahomes or Brittany Matthews SB related pieces.   Nothing but respect for Mahomes but no need for more exposure on his entourage lol. 

It is interesting the narrative that we don't value draft picks. We do we just use first and even second round picks for proven vet players. If you look at ourlads and I realize that may not be correct but we have more drafted/udfa playes starting on D than the Bengals and one less on offense. The Rams absolutely value draft picks they're what fills out the roster. We just choose to augment those day 2 and 3 picks with guys like Ramsey, Stafford, OBJ and Miller. Signed guys like Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson and Whitworth in free agency.

• Like 1

The x-factor in this game is clearly the Rams pass rush versus the Bengals OL. I think if the Bengals even just do an adequate job its a win for them and it will give them a chance in the 4th quarter to win. I dont think that will be the case though. I think the Rams pass rush will be too much bc of Von and Donald will just wreck shop. Now that could change if the Bengals are able to run the ball effective. The flip side is that the Rams are a top 7 run D and in the playoffs are 1st in run D. If they can stop or just slow down Mixon and force Burrow into obvious passing downs then it could be a long day for him.

I know people will say Burrow got sacked 9x against the Titans and still won. Well that was bc Tannehill threw 3 ints and did nothing. Stafford will show up and we know the Rams are going to score so the Bengals cant allow Burrow to get pressured and sacked alot bc if thats the case the Rams will win easily. Burrow isnt going to back down either regardless of what the score will be. He has ice water in his veins. He is cold-blooded and nothing can rattle him. Now I say that bc he havent met Von and Donald yet. Thats going to be interesting. Plus we get to see Ramsey up against Chase. Thats going to be a good one too.

Ultimately I think a young team in the Bengals who is experiencing the Superbowl for the first time will go through the same inexperience McVay and Goff did when they went to the Superbowl for the first time in 2018. McVay has the experience along with alot of the Rams players so I expect them to come out and either get off to the fast start or stay poised throughout the game and not let the big moment get to them. I dont think the moment will be too big for Burrow but it could be for the other players around him. I think the Rams win this game and Id say Donald will be Superbowl MVP bc he is going to get to Burrow 3x and pressure him alot of other times, bat balls downs, and just over be disruptive right from the start. 

32 minutes ago, biggie. said:

From the same thread. Just perfect

On 12/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, Kirill said:

I didn't watch the LSU game because it was obvious the Sooners were going to get walloped, but I did watch his Heisman acceptance speech and Burrow just seems like a bust to me. Bengals also are one of the last teams you wanna go to if you're a QB.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:04 PM, Kirill said:

Joe Burrow's hands just measured at nine inches. Same size as Jared Goff.

I can't wait to be right on predicting Burrow as a bust.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

It is interesting the narrative that we don't value draft picks. We do we just use first and even second round picks for proven vet players. If you look at ourlads and I realize that may not be correct but we have more drafted/udfa playes starting on D than the Bengals and one less on offense. The Rams absolutely value draft picks they're what fills out the roster. We just choose to augment those day 2 and 3 picks with guys like Ramsey, Stafford, OBJ and Miller. Signed guys like Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson and Whitworth in free agency.

Our outlook is that it's worth spending those early picks to get established stars because we can find competent players to fill in the cracks elsewhere. Thus far, it is working.

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

Our outlook is that it's worth spending those early picks to get established stars because we can find competent players to fill in the cracks elsewhere. Thus far, it is working.

Exactly! Every team needs a few studs on offense on defense then to surround them with good role players as later round picks. Rams just choose to get those studs a different way.

• Like 1