2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

49 minutes ago, drew39k said:

CBS sports is reporting that the 49ers have an offer of two second rounder on the table for Jimmy g.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-garoppolo-trade-rumors-49ers-have-been-offered-two-second-round-picks-for-veteran-qb-per-report/

Technically they are reporting that SF is saying they have that offer (they do not)

Jimmy would be gone if they did.

• Like 1

Bengals are probably done with big moves, but I could see them making a surprise signing if there is a deal out there in the $6-$8 million range like when they signed Von Bell a couple years ago.  Wouldn't be shocked if they brought back Quinten Spain on a small contract as well.  Could also still try to work out a Jesse Bates extension (or possibly a Von Bell extension if they don't want to devote that much capital to S) and not effect the cap hit this year that much.  Could even lower the cap hit this year in Bates' case.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I don’t buy it, because surely they’d have accepted that by now? Unless it’s the ‘Hawks that doesn’t make sense to me.

I think that sentiment is likely accurate. Either the 49ers are trying to manufacture a bidding war out of thin air or they don't want to trade with the team offering two seconds.  Honestly though, whether in division or not, two seconds would be a great get for a guy they already decided is not a franchise QB for their team. 

Only QB openings i see are the Panthers & Seahawks, but i bet they go Willis/Mayfield respectively

Jimmy should probably go the Trubisky route and sit for a year to rehab his image. We'll probably have to cut him or trade him for a late round pick at best

53 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Have the last two weeks been the craziest of any offseason? 

Not even close. The amount of QB movement, big trades and the almost scripted timing (most deals were spaced out where we had at least one big event per day) added up to somethign very unique. Usually its a nothing burger after the first 2-3 days or there is one big swing.

Edited by Teen Girl Squad

53 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Have the last two weeks been the craziest of any offseason? 

47 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Not enough close. The amount of QB movement, big trades and the almost scripted timing (most deals were spaced out where we had at least one big event per day) added up to somethign very unique. Usually its a nothing burger after the first 2-3 days or there is one big swing.

It’s a big offseason when 1 elite QB moves to a new team.  Rare when 1-2 starters change.  

We had 2 elite and 3-4 clear starter level guys change teams.  And that’s before the Mack / Adams trades.    Or the Ridley suspension.  So yeah this is very much a unicorn off-season.   Maybe we’ll see more similar off-seasons like this in the future but this is the first of its kind post-cap and maybe ever. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3