2022 Offseason Discussion

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Count me out for now on wanting Watson.

No charges doesn’t equate to being innocent and I have a hard time believing 22 different women are making this up.

If it was somehow proven they are all lying then yes get in on it

I do believe in second chances, my main worry is how does this go down in the organisation? We have female staff.

We have players who have wife’s and daughters. How do they feel about it? This could pull a team apart

• Like 1

Don’t know why you guys are drooling over a guy not getting charged for a bunch of sexual assaults. Watson isn’t coming here (which is a good thing btw). He’s gonna go to the Panthers. Their ownership/coaching staff/management are way more pressed right now than ours so they’ll offer the farm. They’re gonna throw them two ones McCafferty and a batch of other mid-high picks. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
  • Like 1

But they can’t offer Baker

weve got a legit QB to send back. 

that’s what people aren’t factoring in. 

Baker can come in and compete with Davis Mills and if he doesn’t pan out there then he’ll be a comp pick when he signs elsewhere next year. 

Carolina or Seattle can’t send back a qb with as much upside as we can with Baker 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Baker can come in and compete with Davis Mills and if he doesn’t pan out there then he’ll be a comp pick when he signs elsewhere next year. 

Carolina or Seattle can’t send back a qb with as much upside as we can with Baker 

Well even if he doesn't get criminally charged he is still going to be suspended a good amount of games. I'd guess at least 8 and probably a full season. He hasn't served any suspension yet and he certainly tarnished the shield so it would have to be significant.

I don't think Watson goes anywhere this year. If that holds true, we won't have Baker to trade anyway.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That is my point. The Browns have a asset not many other teams have and that is a young talented QB that might need a fresh start--and hes from Texas.

You put Baker in that deal then it might appeal a LOT to Houston depending on how they liked him coming out. Especially in a down year in the QB draft, its sort of a great match.

The only other team that can offer something like that is MN with Cousins but why would HOU want a 30+ year old QB when they are going for full rebuild. 

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That is my point. The Browns have a asset not many other teams have and that is a young talented QB that might need a fresh start--and hes from Texas.

You put Baker in that deal then it might appeal a LOT to Houston depending on how they liked him coming out. Especially in a down year in the QB draft, its sort of a great match.

The only other team that can offer something like that is MN with Cousins but why would HOU want a 30+ year old QB when they are going for full rebuild. 

Nick Caserio is from NE who apparently loved Baker when he was coming out. 

And I don’t think Watson is gonna get suspended unless he’s convicted of his civil trials. We may not know that for months. But besides that it’s going to be hard to suspend him without evidence. 

NFLPA isn’t gonna let a player be suspended because of accusations 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FGK said:

Baker Mayfield. Both so bad that we need to move on immediately and so good that he gives us a leg up on trading for a QB. Amazing versatility.

The mental gymnastics in this thread is quite impressive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Baker Mayfield. Both so bad that we need to move on immediately and so good that he gives us a leg up on trading for a QB. Amazing versatility.

Hes a coin flip type of player. He could be a franchise QB, he could be a bust. Either way the potential should appeal a lot to a team like Houston who is starting at ground zero.