Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

Just now, minutemancl said:

Seattle lost this trade solely because they now are the suckers that have to pay Drew Lock.

He's a backup or a bridge guy at best. Seahawks are drafting a QB this year or next, unless they have a trade for Watson lined up

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

U were on a roll until this

Yeah, I mean the literal only perk of Drew Lock is that getting him back in the trade signals (not that they'd shown interest, but it signals that they certainly shouldn't have any now post-Russ) that the Seahawks are not going to go out and sign Mitch Trubisky.

• Like 3

Some of you are really overrating Harris and Fant as players. They’re fine. Harris is starting to decline a bit and probably only has a year or two left as a starter. He makes no sense for their adjusted rebuild timeline. Fant DOES have some upside, but he leaves you wanting more constantly. He’ll also be due a raise in the near future.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

He's a backup or a bridge guy at best. Seahawks are drafting a QB this year or next, unless they have a trade for Watson lined up

Oh of course. But he's still Drew Lock, owner of the most punchable face in the NFL, and he's still on their pay roll.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

It’s crazy how Seattle trades their SB winning QB and didn’t get one of Denver’s elite players smh. They didn’t get Sutton, Jeudy or Surtain. But they would take Lock lol.

Denver won this trade easily.

If Denver doesn't make playoff noise and Seattle hits on at least 2-3 of those earlier picks, Seattle wins imo.

they didn't get shafted. I personally think Lock and the picks should've been it but that's just me 

• Like 1

Incredibly bittersweet. 

On one hand, I've been calling for us to trade Russ while his value is still high. His game, frankly, is not aging well. He relies a ton on playing outside of the play design and his athleticism continues to diminish (and he justifies his weight gain for durability). Don't get me wrong, he's still elite with a clean pocket and when he gets rid of the ball within 3 seconds it's a thing of beauty. Problem is, he all but refuses to throw 50/50 balls (you can argue this is Pete's fault), will negatively impact your OL, and will likely leave your OC infuriated that the play call isn't actually being ran. 

On the other hand, what a horrible return for Seattle and not my idea of trading Russ "while his value is still high". Sure, perspective is largely skewed due to the awful Jamal Adams trade, but that's just a natural comparison. To think we barely got more for Russ than what we gave up for Jamal is a travesty. I actually can't believe we couldn't get back a young foundation piece like Javonte, Surtain, or Jeudy. When I saw it was only two 1sts, I thought it MUST include one of those names. 

Anyone who follows my posts knows that I've been calling for John Schneider's head for a LONG time. There's not another GM in the league with as bad of a track record with early draft picks and trades than Schneider. Hopefully this just gets us one step closer to waving goodbye to him. 

Great trade for Denver. Who cares about those picks and those players? You got a legit top 15 QB that immediately makes you a strong playoff contender. I'll be very interested to see Russell's performance in Denver, because if he does have a bounce back season, it's safe to assume that Pete Carroll effectively neutered him here. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

On the other hand, what a horrible return for Seattle and not my idea of trading Russ "while his value is still high". Sure, perspective is largely skewed due to the awful Jamal Adams trade, but that's just a natural comparison. To think we barely got more for Russ than what we gave up for Jamal is a travesty.

The Jamal Adams trade was a travesty regardless of other events. Can't expect future moves to make up for that.